2019 Italian GP

First things first, loving that my name's sake will be celebrating 40 years since his WDC, and I agree Forza, the F312 T4 is quite literally sex on wheels.

Secondly, great news that finally the futures of Silverstone, Spa and Monza have been sorted. Just waiting on a long-term agreement for Suzuka. Honestly, F1 without any of these tracks just isn't F1.

Thirdly... It is going to chuck it down tomorrow and Sunday, and we're in for a mixed up grid and a potentially hectic / classic race. Bring it on. Maybe starting at the back with a front row seat of the ensuing carnage might be a good thing for Max?
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Formula 1 could be in for a wet Italian Grand Prix with rain forecast throughout Sunday at the Monza circuit. (Planet F1)

F1’s rookie, and even some of the more experienced drivers, could have a battle on their hands this weekend as they take on Formula 1’s fastest circuit in the wet.

Rain is forecast for Friday’s practices where the day’s high will be 22’C.

While it will dry up on Saturday, the temperature up to 25’C for qualifying, the rain will return that evening.

There is a 45% chance of rain at the start of Sunday’s Italian GP and while that lessens as the afternoon progresses, it is expect to continue falling.

The day’s high is 21’C.

Formula 1 last had a wet session at Monza in 2017 when it poured in qualifying.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Lando going all VR46 this weekend

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Classy Lando, very classy.

They run the lowest downforce of the year at Monza. Should it be wet Sunday, could we see them pile it all back on...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Holy crap, I so hope we have a wet race because this is treacherous and we'll have an awesome race, they'll struggle to make it to the end. The tyres are too hard.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(06-09-2019, 10:39 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Holy crap, I so hope we have a wet race because this is treacherous and we'll have an awesome race, they'll struggle to make it to the end. The tyres are too hard.

Recording it. Will watch later.

Is the outlook still the same as Paps posted earlier? Wet today, dry quali then potentially wet race? Very difficult for all the drivers if so.

The chance of rain during the race is down to 50/50 but there is a pretty solid chance the race will start wet, if not exactly raining. Lewis was chasing Vettel towards the end when they were both on slicks with a drying track, and Lewis was all over his gearbox.

I tell you what, if it is dry and Ferrari can sort out the draft they could be a second clear during quali. They're so rapid down these straights, their car is so slippy.

Wow, the tow is really really big here. Mercedes are practicing it and it's nearly 10kph difference. The Ferrari seems too skittish in the tow though, really seems to unsettle their car on turn in. Just don't think they need the tow.

So if the race is wet / changeable what we know is:

1) Max will slice through the grid and have a shot at top 4.
2) The Ferrari boys will struggle and slip back.
3) The Mercs will love it.
4) Albon is at risk of being picked off by the TR's and maybe Renault's.

Lewis running round behind Vettel and he's reeling him in, easily, dropping back and then reeling him in.

Now Vettel is pulling away a bit. That's super interesting for potential race situations.

Hmm... Bottas able to reel Leclerc in on these second sets of tyres. Qualifying Ferrari will blitz it, be a front row lock out, but come the race if it is changeable weather during the race God only knows how it'll pan out, but Merc and RBR will be doing a rain dance.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Right I'm off to Stonehenge to do the rain dance. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Horrible crash in the F3 race this morning thank goodness the driver walked away from it seemingly okay. If you missed it here is a brief video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhTVnqkp7g

I do not think weather is going to play a part in qualifying today and the rain looks mainly set for the morning tomorrow but who knows I am no weatherman!

Dont think Mercedes can hang with the Ferraris in the dry. I think it will be close but not close enough.