Abu Dhabi Free Practice

Just watching my recording  of FP2 as home early this week (the traffic was kind for a change). I see Bottas well off Hamilton again.

(24-11-2017, 05:28 PM)morini Wrote:  Just watching my recording  of FP2 as home early this week (the traffic was kind for a change). I see Bottas well off Hamilton again.

Yep, .66 off lewis`s pace, not good enough having had all year to bed in.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(24-11-2017, 05:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yep, .66 off lewis`s pace, not good enough having had all year to bed in.

He'll need a blinding season next year to have a chance of keeping his seat in 2019. I wonder now whether he's got it in him? The pressures off, end of season time to take some risks and show your true speed VB. Unless this is his true speed?

The unfortunate thing for Bottas is having Lewis as a team mate, I dont think he will ever get near Lewis without circumstances playing a part.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

The single lap pace was the least alarming aspect, on the long run pace Lewis was consistently in the 1.42:9’s while Bottas was shakey and in the 1.44.2’s, plus he wasn’t able to run as long. Generally speaking Vettel and Hamilton looked a step above today, with Räikkönen at least doing a good impression of a F1 driver, while Bottas... well... I think he’s already on the winter break.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(24-11-2017, 05:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The unfortunate thing for Bottas is having Lewis as a team mate, I dont think he will ever get near Lewis without circumstances playing a part.

As much as I like the guy, I think Bottas' biggest problem is after a full year, he shown that he's not a top F1 driver,  I appreciate that he's been very open about it, if he'd said certain characteristics of the car don't suite him  and he just needs it dialled in I could see him doing better next year - case in point, is Kimi who is very car sensitive and like it just so to perform at his best, Bottas hasn't made this case though - and as you say up against Lewis is a tough place to be, I think there's only a few on the grid could cope with him, especially on this form Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(24-11-2017, 06:51 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The single lap pace was the least alarming aspect, on the long run pace Lewis was consistently in the 1.42:9’s while Bottas was shakey and in the 1.44.2’s, plus he wasn’t able to run as long. Generally speaking Vettel and Hamilton looked a step above today, with Räikkönen at least doing a good impression of a F1 driver, while Bottas... well... I think he’s already on the winter break.

Unfortunately I didnt get to watch .....

(24-11-2017, 07:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Unfortunately I didnt get to watch .....

I did the "morini synopsis" version of P2 today.

Got back from my weekly work base after long drive, watched FP2 sky recording on fast forward (skipping between adverts and dull bits), went to visit family, gave said family gin bottle a bit of a hammering, got back home, opened a bottle of red, read F1 banter posts wile Mrs M prepares a nice meal. What more could a man want?

(24-11-2017, 08:04 PM)morini Wrote:  
(24-11-2017, 07:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Unfortunately I didnt get to watch .....

I did the "morini synopsis" version of P2 today.

Got back from my weekly work base after long drive, watched FP2 sky recording on fast forward (skipping between adverts and dull bits), went to visit family, gave said family gin bottle a bit of a hammering, got back home, opened a bottle of red, read F1 banter posts wile Mrs M prepares a nice meal. What more could a man want?

Lucky you, I was doing xmas shopping from 9ish this morning, I was ready for a few very stiff whiskeys by 9.30 and counselling by 10  Angry

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(24-11-2017, 08:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lucky you, I was doing xmas shopping from 9ish this morning, I was ready for a few very stiff whiskeys by 9.30 and counselling by 10  Angry

It's the middle of November for Christs sake!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post