2018 tyres

Why do I get the feeling that this is some sort of conspiracy to aide in burying Silverstone?

Bringing the Hard tyre which colour wise, is going to confuse everyone, "Hey, why are they on wets, in the dry?"

Coupled with the fact that it's pretty much guaranteed a one stop. Which pretty much throws any strategy possibility out the window.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(03-05-2018, 05:15 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.planetf1.com/news/hard-tyres-...rand-prix/

Medium, hard & super hard.  Wink

Soft, Medium and Hard for Silverstone buddy...

"The tyre manufacturer have only used the white-striped medium tyres as the slowest tyre thus far, but the blue-marked compound will be on show at Silverstone alongside the mediums and the softs."

(03-05-2018, 07:41 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Bringing the Hard tyre which colour wise, is going to confuse everyone, "Hey, why are they on wets, in the dry?".
Coupled with the fact that it's pretty much guaranteed a one stop. Which pretty much throws any strategy possibility out the window.

....yep, why they picked that colour is beyond me
Unless the hard tyre turns out to be mega difficult to switch on then keep in the window?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

"Soft, Medium and Hard for Silverstone buddy..."

Ahhh so the pretty picture was a ruse, perhaps I should read it properly next time. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(03-05-2018, 08:23 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Soft, Medium and Hard for Silverstone buddy..."

Ahhh so the pretty picture was a ruse, perhaps I should read it properly next time.  Tongue

Lol, I done the exact same bud...only I looked back over it and caught on, it is slightly misleading....well, thats my excuse and Im sticking to it Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

So one stop at Silverstone. Well at least they're taking the one tyre that the Mercedes can get to work and seemingly run for days on, the medium. So maybe the home fans will get to see a Lewis win.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gary-...a-1037794/

"Mercedes' return to dominance in Spain coincided with Pirelli making a significant change to its tyre specification. Were the two connected, and was it a sign of favouritism towards Mercedes?
There's been a lot of talk about tyres through the 2018 Formula 1 season, but during the Spanish Grand Prix weekend a combination of Mercedes getting back on top and a change in the Pirelli tyre specification prompted even more of it.
Pirelli's decision to reduce the tyre gauge (the tread thickness) is something that can have a major influence on how tyres behave and warm up, and how they hold that heat. It's another learning curve for the teams, so the question is: did this help Mercedes, and why?"

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I know Gary Anderson gets a lot of flak in some quarters, but I quite like his analysis normally. As to the tyres... we'll see soon enough. I have a sneaky suspicion seeing Hamilton zipping around Barcelona on the Super hard tyre today at lap times consistently around 1:19.9 for fun seemingly, that Mercedes are getting on top of whatever issues it is they are having with the tyres.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...s-1037957/

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

That's an interesting article, I honestly couldn't believe Ferrari wouldn't have suffered worse on the normal tyres and wouldn't have suffered the blistering they did in pre-season testing. Good for Vettel for coming out and saying it though because the conspiracy nuts are out in full force. There's no doubt that they suited Mercedes more this weekend though.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(15-05-2018, 07:22 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  That's an interesting article, I honestly couldn't believe Ferrari wouldn't have suffered worse on the normal tyres and wouldn't have suffered the blistering they did in pre-season testing. Good for Vettel for coming out and saying it though because the conspiracy nuts are out in full force. There's no doubt that they suited Mercedes more this weekend though.

The conspiracy nuts have now changed tack and are claiming the Italian brand Pirelli had asked the Italian brand Ferrari to put the statement out to save face lol....you just cant win sometimes Wink