The 2021 silly season thread

We are only one race into a long 2021 season, but prompted by a comment Anti made in the Seb Vettel thread I don't think it is too early to start speculating about driver moves for 2022.

My predictions (caveat - these are completely and utterly baseless and not fact driven)

• Sebastian Vettel to retire
  • Bottas to Jordan / Force India/ Racing Point / Aston Martin (whatever they will be called next year)
  • Russell to Mercedes
  • Hamilton to retire if he claims his 8th title this year
  • Verstappen to Mercedes (see above)

(29-03-2021, 03:15 PM)morini Wrote:  We are only one race into a long 2021 season, but prompted by a comment Anti made in the Seb Vettel thread I don't think it is too early to start speculating about driver moves for 2022.

My predictions (caveat - these are completely and utterly baseless and not fact driven)

• Sebastian Vettel to retire
  • Bottas to Jordan / Force India/ Racing Point / Aston Martin (whatever they will be called next year)
  • Russell to Mercedes
  • Hamilton to retire if he claims his 8th title this year
  • Verstappen to Mercedes (see above)

I would not be surprised at all if all your predictions will come true.
The biggest question for me is Verstappen; if Red Bull has given him a car to win the championship this year (and it seems like it), he might not be able (or willing) to move in 2022. 
For Hamilton, I am not sure if it matters to him if he wins his 8th title or not. He might want to focus on something different, but Mercedes seems to been looking at the future as well (took a bit longer this time to sign contract and only one year, while Hamilton wanted more). Just like Brown said; as team you want to look at the future.

Got to have a 27B-6.

(29-03-2021, 03:35 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  took a bit longer this time to sign contract and only one year, while Hamilton wanted more

The only place I've read this theory is on tabloid sports sites and the "comments sections" underneath webpage articles. I've not read any substantiated, factual report that Hamilton wanted longer than 1 year. To the contrary, both Toto Wolff and Hamilton say in public than a year was mutually agreed upon.

I am not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying nobody knows the real story there apart from people inside Mercedes and Hamilton himself. Everything we read about it is pure speculation.