Max Verstappen ~ Best Driver in F1

Agree with all of your post paps. But we need to see this for what it is - i.e. a stupid comment by an idiot then transformed into clickbait on poor, as filled websites.

Slow news week.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(10-07-2019, 01:46 PM)pennywise Wrote:  As I said great driver but a bit of a hot head that will never fully have control of his own emotions...just like Senna.(Who was great but a dirty, untrusting little bollocks of a man).

Harsh, but ....

Harsh!

Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

I will be the first to say I know very little about Ayrton Senna the man. As an F1 driver he was brilliant and feared but for the right reasons. Those reasons were he will find a way past you, he was fearless and ruthless but also (a part of his ability often overlooked) he was very calculating and super driving smart. In my opinion the best of all time in that area of racing.

People fear Verstappen for other reasons, its not his ability to overtake its his lack of ability to judge where, how and to be fair doing so. His career is littered with incidents of his stupidity and over aggressive moves.

Hamilton started his career like Max (with many less incidents) and has developed into a brilliant all round driver with no real area of weakness. Max in my opinion will never be as complete a driver. Nobody can disregard his abilities they are indeed great but he is still a diamond in the rough and I think he will pretty much always be that way.

The BBC article was poor and clearly a filler. All internet news sites are click bait!

Finally as to Senna the man, I always thought he was thoughtful, truthful and compassionate. He was known for being charitable and founding and supporting many charitable causes. He was acutely aware of the difference between his millionaire lifestyle and the poor ravaged and impoverished citizens who loved him so much and at the time of his death many thought he was preparing for a life of public service via Politics. Would he have ever achieved anything, who knows. That is a real world of despair and misery for which this website is not intended.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post