Poll: Should Red Bull drop Gasly? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, like a stone
75.00%
75.00%
Yes, and bomb him out of F1
0%
0%
No... only joking, yes
25.00%
25.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Should Red Bull drop Gasly, or drop Gasly?

He has been crap, and quite frankly it isn't getting any better, for me I think it's clear that Gasly isn't good enough right now for a top drive, he has been promoted too early. Maybe he'll never be good enough for the top teams, but surely they have to get shot of him now.

I think he should go back to TR myself. Doesn't matter who you put in his seat though, nobody is going to get a fair crack while Verstappen is at RBR. In fairness, Max has been really good this year, but the team put their full focus into him so anyone is going to struggle in the other seat.

There's struggling Morini and then there's Gasly. He's really disappointed me. When we have the likes of Ocon without a drive and Alonso kicking his heels... sorry, you need to bomb Gasly out of that team. Promote Kvyat again, or just do something, because there is no way he deserves that RBR drive. He's embarrassing himself.

Gasly is dissapointing and should not be in a Red Bull. He simply is not good enough (yet, he can grow, but will never on the level of the top drivers).
We all know this by now.

But what I would like to know, is how fast is the Red Bull car? Verstappen is doing a exeptional job, but he is a special kind of driver. We know only have the "benchmark" of two oposite drivers (one being extremely good, the other just being dissapointing).
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(23-06-2019, 04:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  There's struggling Morini and then there's Gasly. He's really disappointed me. When we have the likes of Ocon without a drive and Alonso kicking his heels... sorry, you need to bomb Gasly out of that team. Promote Kvyat again, or just do something, because there is no way he deserves that RBR drive. He's embarrassing himself.

Gasly has been poor, but Alonso in a Red Bull would be very interesting....but it won't happen with Red Bull using Honda engines Sad
[+] 2 users Like Alonsofan06's post

(23-06-2019, 06:54 PM)Alonsofan06 Wrote:  Gasly has been poor, but Alonso in a Red Bull would be very interesting....but it won't happen with Red Bull using Honda engines Sad

Don't think it's just about Honda.

I'm not a massive fan of Red Bull as a team, but that is mostly because of Horner and Marko. Nobody pushes my "twat" button quite as much as the chuckle brothers (on their own or as a double act). Perhaps it's just me. but I have no time for either of them but there you go. I do have a lot of time for Adrian Newey though, he is the reason behind RBR (and a lot of other teams) successes. I'd happily classify him with the "legend" tag as he has designed some incredible cars. His book is a good read too.

On the topic of someone like Alonso going to Red Bull, I am afraid it is not the RBR "MO". They have been very committed to their young driver program and always bring their own talent through the junior formula, into Torro Rosso and then on to the top team. They have been very consistent on that, I can't think of them ever buying in an established successful driver. I guess they deserve some credit for sticking to that principle.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I am not a fan of Horner either. The worst thing about him is he obviously isn't earning enough money to keep his wife at bay. I mean it was terrible the first time round. Whenever I hear the Spice Girls I think of the Verve lyrics ,"Like a cat in a bag waiting to drown."
[+] 3 users Like Alonsofan06's post

(23-06-2019, 08:04 PM)Alonsofan06 Wrote:  Whenever I hear the Spice Girls I think of the Verve lyrics ,"Like a cat in a bag waiting to drown."

Laughing LOL

Gasly actually got a point in the end for 10th place followng Danny Ricc penalty(s).

DRicc (site member, not the driver) has decided not to post here, but nevertheless I offer my commiserations. At least Dan tried to give people something to watch. The French GP was very, very dull, it has to be said.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Marko forced to respond to Gasly rumours...again.

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko has once again fielded questions on the future of Pierre Gasly, which has been called into question after another disappointing race, this time in his home country of France. According to Marko, there are no plans to replace him, for now.

Gasly has had a torrid time since being promoted to Red Bull from Toro Rosso, and is the only driver out of the top six yet to earn a podium spot.

At the Paul Ricard on Sunday, he only finished 10th in the points positions after a couple of penalties demoted Daniel Ricciardo out of the top 10.

Following the result, rumours spread that Red Bull were looking at Daniil Kvyat to replace him sooner rather than later, but Marko claims there is no truth in the speculation, just like there was none in the similar rumours about Nico Hulkenberg.

“No, that’s a false rumour,” he told Motorsport-Magazin.

“Last week Nico Hulkenberg would replace him, now Daniil Kvyat is our substitute.”

The stories started after Marko was spotted talking to Kvyat’s agent, Nicolas Todt, but Marko says he talks to many people at a GP weekend.

“I talk to a lot of people, I also talked to his father Jean [Todt],” he added.

However, it would appear Gasly isn’t complately safe, as the Red Bull chief warned him about his performance on Sunday, saying he “should be worried about his speed in France.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post