Poll: Should Red Bull drop Gasly? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, like a stone
75.00%
75.00%
Yes, and bomb him out of F1
0%
0%
No... only joking, yes
25.00%
25.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Should Red Bull drop Gasly, or drop Gasly?

The issue RBR have is Marko doesn't like Kvyat and burned bridges with him when they dropped him. He was very public in explaining why Kvyat wasn't good enough for F1, and Albon is clearly not ready either. So what do they do? They might have to stick with Gasly because Marko is too much of a prick to swallow his pride over Kvyat.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Red Bull advisor Dr Helmut Marko insists under-fire Pierre Gasly is out of excuses after a thorough check of the RB15 chassis. (Planet F1)

The 23-year-old has been left behind by team-mate Max Verstappen in their first year together, and things hit a new low in Austria when he was lapped by the Dutchman.

The team responded to Gasly’s complaints and completed a thorough check of the chassis, but after finding no issues, Marko warned Gasly that the excuses now need to stop and he must improve.

“There was a bit of an excuse for Austria,” Marko told Motorsport-Total.com.

“We burned all the front wings in the practice sessions, so he didn’t have the same front wing as Max, but that doesn’t explain the gap.”

Marko confirmed that the team will support Gasly, but he has to stop blaming the chassis.

Red Bull advisor Dr Helmut Marko insists under-fire Pierre Gasly is out of excuses after a thorough check of the RB15 chassis.

The 23-year-old has been left behind by team-mate Max Verstappen in their first year together, and things hit a new low in Austria when he was lapped by the Dutchman.

The team responded to Gasly’s complaints and completed a thorough check of the chassis, but after finding no issues, Marko warned Gasly that the excuses now need to stop and he must improve.

“There was a bit of an excuse for Austria,” Marko told Motorsport-Total.com.

“We burned all the front wings in the practice sessions, so he didn’t have the same front wing as Max, but that doesn’t explain the gap.”
Marko confirmed that the team will support Gasly, but he has to stop blaming the chassis.

“It [the car] has to deliver now, but so does Gasly,” added Marko.
“He was always looking for issues with the car, in the chassis. We have looked through this. There was nothing.

“The plan now is to support him as much as possible. He gets Max’s set-up from the start, because he’s the more experienced driver and has the more experienced engineering team.

“He can mess around with it, but he can’t seriously move away from it – he was experimenting with his set-up before and jumping from one extreme to the other.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Hate the way bellend Helmut airs dirty laundry in public. Wish he and Mr spice girl would STFU.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

As Jody rightly points out who would replace him the cupboard is bare!

Next season however if he does not improve RBR may actual break with their game plan and bring in another driver (Hulkenberg or Ocon)
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Marko rules out Red Bull replacing Gasly mid-season.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko has silenced talk that Pierre Gasly’s future at the Formula 1 team is again in doubt, by confirming that the Frenchman will see out the season.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko has made it clear that the team is committed to Gasly for the rest of 2019 at least.

“This year we won't change,” he told Motorsport.com. “We will end the season as we currently are.”
But asked if Kvyat’s growing form put Gasly under pressure, Marko said: “Sure.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think it's fair to say Gasly won't be at RBR next year unless there's a miracle in the second half of the season. He's crap.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

RBR: As of Belgium, Alexander Albon is being promoted to the Team to drive alongside Max, while Pierre will return to the Red Bull sister team, Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Red Bull are in the unique position of having four talented Formula One drivers under contract who can be rotated between the Team and Toro Rosso. The Team will use the next nine races to evaluate Alex’s performance in order to make an informed decision as to who will drive alongside Max in 2020.

Everyone at the Team looks forward to welcoming Alex and supporting him during the next phase of his F1 career.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Just posted a thread about that in the general discussion Forza. On the one hand I'm not at all surprised, yet on the other hand I thought RBR were actually genuine about giving Gasly time. I hope it doesn't break Albon though. Great opportunity for the lad now. I think this will crush Gasly though.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Weird if you ask me.
Just like Jody said, Red Bull seemed very genuine to keep Gasly for the rest of the remaining races at that team, yet here we are.
Then, doing this now will 1) not help your driver Gasly in his development (wich is still one of your drivers and investments I should think) and 2) be a big risk of crushing young Albon, your other driver. Is he ready for this step (even thought they will tell him he has nothing to prove)?

I understand they want Gasly out, even this year. Red Bull smells that second place in construction championship, they even might think Verstappen can use some help fighting the red and silver cars. But why not promote Kvyat? Even if it is only for this year and then see what you do for next season? He seems capable enought for second driver now and taking the fight to Ferrari for some points. You can always switch him back for Albon next season if you want him there, although that would be a second time for Kvyat I think now, would be harsh...
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Anti, I think Marko has explained the decision to promote Albon like this, they have seen what Kvyat and Gasly can do in an RBR, but not Albon, so they want to see what Albon can do before making a decision for 2020. It seems legitimate enough a reason, but I don't believe him. Marko is a twat, and I can't stand him, he just doesn't want to admit that he might have got it wrong with Kvyat all those years ago, he took a lot of flak for his actions that season is the press, and taking Kvyat back would be like admitting publicly he was wrong, and he's an arrogant fucker.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post