Poll: Should Red Bull drop Gasly? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, like a stone
75.00%
75.00%
Yes, and bomb him out of F1
0%
0%
No... only joking, yes
25.00%
25.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Should Red Bull drop Gasly, or drop Gasly?

(13-08-2019, 10:18 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Anti, I think Marko has explained the decision to promote Albon like this, they have seen what Kvyat and Gasly can do in an RBR, but not Albon, so they want to see what Albon can do before making a decision for 2020. It seems legitimate enough a reason, but I don't believe him. Marko is a twat, and I can't stand him, he just doesn't want to admit that he might have got it wrong with Kvyat all those years ago, he took a lot of flak for his actions that season is the press, and taking Kvyat back would be like admitting publicly he was wrong, and he's an arrogant fucker.

Jody, just put a almost same thought in the other thread before I saw this one....
Shall we all move the the other thread when concerning this latest driver shuffle at Red Bull?
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Red Bull's brutal explanation for dropping Gasly.    (GP Fans)

Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko offered a typically brutal assessment of Pierre Gasly's 2019 performances when explaining the decision to replace him with Alexander Albon. 

Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko offered a typically brutal assessment of Pierre Gasly's 2019 performances when explaining the decision to replace him with Alexander Albon. 

Red Bull will assess their options ahead of 2020, with Daniil Kvyat also in the mix to partner Max Verstappen next year, despite being overlooked on this occasion.

It seems unlikely that Gasly will be the driver next to the Dutchman, however, having been outscored by more than 100 points by Verstappen over 12 races this season.

"Gasly has problems in traffic, he loses places and he can't overtake," Marko told Auto Bild.

"So we had to react and give Albon a chance until the end of the season. Gasly takes his place at Toro Rosso and then we see who will be driving next year next to Max." 

Albon's journey to the Red Bull senior team is a remarkable one. He was dropped from the team's junior programme in 2012 and was only brought back into the fold earlier this year at the last minute, having signed a long-term deal with Nissan to race in Formula E before Marko came calling.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post