2019 French GP

This was an interesting race last year. Originally it was thought there would be few chances to overtake but the race proved otherwise. I personally like the race track the only issue I have with it is that the pit exit is pretty dangerous. I expect lots of teams will be bringing upgrades to the race.

I think it will suit Mercedes more than Ferrari. It will also be interesting to see how Renault do after what was for them a really good Canadian GP
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(11-06-2019, 06:55 PM)NeilP Wrote:   I personally like the race track the only issue I have with it is that the pit exit is pretty dangerous. 

....and the paint.....dont forget the nauseating paint  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Weird enough I can't recall the race of last year at this track. Made no impression I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

It was actually a half decent race, barring that Lewis was able to run away with it after Bottas and Vettel tangled. Otherwise it provided genuinely good racing.

(11-06-2019, 07:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ....and the paint.....dont forget the nauseating paint  Tongue

^^^ Haha you beat me to it!   Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Paint aside I really enjoy this part of the season the races come thick and fast and in general terms I like all the circuits they race on, proper race tracks! This is where the history and DNA of Formula 1 originated. This is the heartbeat of fan support and passion for the sport I really hope Liberty just leave this European section of racing alone. The Italian, German and British races should never ever be under threat and it was nice to see this race back on the schedule.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Some Random facts from the French GP:

Most wins by a Driver:  Michael Schumacher 8 followed by home boy Alain Prost with 6.

Most wins a by a Team: Ferrari with 17, followed by Williams with 8 and wait for it Lotus with 7.

Most wins by an Engine manufacturer: Ferrari 17 followed by Ford and Renault with 11 each.

Charles Leclerc eat your heart out if you win you will not be the first 'Monegasque' to win the French GP that belongs to one Louis Chiron who won no less than five times!

Alain Prost is just one home grown winner of the French GP there have been 10 others. The most recent besides Prost was Rene Arnoux in 1982.

Nigel Mansell is the top performing British driver with 4 wins. In total 12 British drivers have won the race.

Two Austrians have won the race Niki Lauda and Jochen Rindt

The French GP was in fact the first ever GP raced and there have been 86 in total.

For those 86 races there have been 16 different venues a total only surpassed by the Australian GP with 23.

Lots of unfamiliar and slightly more familiar (Well at least to me) constructors even allowing for age they include:  Brabham-Repco, Cooper-Climax, Maserati, Delahaye, Talbot-Lago, Auto Union, Bugatti, Sunbeam, Fiat, Dusenberg, Talbot and Peugeot.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(15-06-2019, 10:33 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Some Random facts from the French GP:

Most wins by a Driver:  Michael Schumacher 8 followed by home boy Alain Prost with 6.

Has a "bitty" history the French GP.

Michael Schumacher basically owned the event at Magny-Cours. These are all the repeat winners across all venues. 

I think Magny-Cours is a better track than Paul Ricard
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

I'm able to watch practice this Friday, so hopefully I can get a bit more involved this race weekend.

Behind Mercedes sickening advantage over everyone, Haas and Renault will be the hot topics in the build up. While McLaren will shine in the race, should it be clean...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Renault seem to be bringing a big update for their home race, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we see some real progress from them. I expect we'll start seeing the "big" updates here from a few teams. We did last year as they started to really develop their concepts through Austria, Silverstone and Hockenheim. Not looking forward to the seizure inducing rumble strips, but it was a good race last year.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post