2019 French GP

That is a damn shame Jody. At least you'll have that last opportunity, savour it. I went through a similar experience with a dear friend.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

@tobigruner: Ricciardo will run a new Renault engine (spec3) today at Paul Ricard providing a small power gain. Hulkenberg will get the new spec at Spielberg. Renault wanted to avoid the grid penalty for Hulk at their home race

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

My ginger buddy is with my, and he thinks Ferrari are doing aero runs.

Interesting, Ferrari practicing the tow with Leclerc there.

Wow, with tow the Ferrari runs 0.700 seconds quicker than without a tow. That might come into it come qualifying.

New front wing doesn't look like it is working for Ferrari in terms of the speed, but Leclerc has awful front tyre graining whereas Vettel doesn't. Interesting.

(21-06-2019, 10:09 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
New front wing doesn't look like it is working for Ferrari in terms of the speed, but Leclerc has awful front tyre graining whereas Vettel doesn't. Interesting.

I cant watch fp1....I take it Seb is running the updated bits whereas CLC isnt?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Track slowly rubbering in nicely.

(21-06-2019, 10:36 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(21-06-2019, 10:09 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  

I cant watch fp1....I take it Seb is running the updated bits whereas CLC isnt?

Yeah sorry, initially Seb ran the new front wing whereas Leclerc ran the old one. The interesting thing is that the new front wing looks slower by noticeable amount (especially S2 which is all straight line), but with the new front wing it turns in better, and doesn't have the grainning... sooooo... which way to go? They're running a new Merc style diffuser here, which is interesting. Some saying Ferrari running less rake too, and a new style floor. So maybe they were lying about the scope of their update.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(21-06-2019, 10:37 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah sorry, initially Seb rain the new front wing whereas Leclerc ran the old one. The interesting thing is that the new front wing looks slower by noticeable amount, but with the new front wing it turns in better, and doesn't have the grainning... sooooo... which way to go? They're running a new Merc style diffuser here, which is interesting. Some saying Ferrari running less rake too, and a new style floor. So maybe they were lying about the scope of their update.

Cheers, hopefully get to tune in for fp2 later.

Lots of updates on both the Merc and Ferrari, lots. Little flicks etc.... having said that its the RBR that looks really, really good here. Solid straight line speed too.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Can't watch P1 but looking at the text feed VB on a mission this weekend? DiResta thinks he's the pick of the weekend anyway! Not sure how he can say that in P1, but there you go.

Hamilton looks less comfortable, but he's still quicker, and not looking like either are really pushing.

Interestingly for me the new configuration Ferrari is closer to the Mercs in S1 and S3, but only slightly quicker in S2... whereas older spec Ferrari over the entire lap is a 1 second off Mercedes. The old spec Ferrari was destroyed in S1 and S3, but way quicker in S2. Ferrari have some head scratching, but I think coupled with the less graining on the new update / spec it's got to be the way to go.

Mercedes apparently did mixed running with Bottas running new parts and Lewis not, so we can't read much into their time differences either, except to say it isn't as clear cut for them whether or not their updates actually worked, whereas both Ferrari and RBR are clear that their udated cars are definitely better.

feeling a bit bad for Kubica... he couldn't beat Latifi, even though he did more running. He's not going to be at Williams much longer, the only reason Latifi doesn't have his seat already is because he doesn't have a super license... hell, Latifi was mostly doing aero runs for Williams and still wound up quicker than Robert Kubica. Time he called it a day.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Anyone watching P2? I'm hoping for a strong weekend from the McLaren boys.