2019 French GP

French GP revises pitlane entry after safety concerns.

French Grand Prix officials have completely changed the location of the entry to the pitlane at Paul Ricard in a bid to avert the problems that occurred during last year's Formula 1 weekend.

A tricky entry last year, which featured a tight right/left turn in front of the Mercedes pits, prompted concerns from drivers about safety, and the FIA ended up cutting the speed limit from 80km/h to 60 km/h.

Following the issues last year, Paul Ricard chiefs have now completely reconfigured the location of the pitlane entry – which now begins off the racing line at Turn 14.

Drivers peel to the right of the circuit and then run down a bespoke pitlane channel that brings them in a much safer route in to the pits. The tweak has also meant the safety car line 1 has been moved.

As well as the entry being changed, the pitlane exit has been reprofiled – with it being widened and extended towards Turn 1 to allow drivers to build up more speed before they rejoin the racing line.

As well as the changed to the pitlane, the track has been resurfaced at numerous points, including Turns 1, Turns 3 through to 7 and the final corner.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Seen a few reports on social media Seb and his girlfriend have married since the last race in Canada....not sure how accurate this is as havent seen anything in the more reputable media outlets.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-06-2019, 04:49 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  6 min (video) recap of last years French gp for those of you with as poor a memory as me...

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2019/6..._race.html

Thanks, completly forgot about this race but that brought some back. Good start.

I like the camera work on this track.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(20-06-2019, 05:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Seen a few reports on social media Seb and his girlfriend have married since the last race in Canada....not sure how accurate this is as havent seen anything in the more reputable media outlets.

Bro, nobody gives a toss, lol. So now, we are to be talking only about Seb's reserved private life, and his sodding 5 second penalty tomorrow during praccy....I hope Ant D in commentary to keep things inline.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(20-06-2019, 07:30 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Bro, nobody gives a toss, lol. 

My bad Hesh  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

To lighten the mood a bit, Ericsson just said on Swedish TV that he can exclusively reveal that the evidence Ferrari will present is that he (meaning Ericsson) hit him (meaning Vettel). At least he has a sense of humour.

Not sure I'm going to be around much, my furry F1 watching buddy for the last decade (my cat Macavity) has been diagnosed with cancer, so this is likely our last race together. I am distraught.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(20-06-2019, 05:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Seen a few reports on social media Seb and his girlfriend have married since the last race in Canada....not sure how accurate this is as havent seen anything in the more reputable media outlets.

I thought he was married already? WIth kids too.

<shows how interested I am in the guy>  Wink

(20-06-2019, 07:59 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  To lighten the mood a bit, Ericsson just said on Swedish TV that he can exclusively reveal that the evidence Ferrari will present is that he (meaning Ericsson) hit him (meaning Vettel). At least he has a sense of humour.

Not sure I'm going to be around much, my furry F1 watching buddy for the last decade (my cat Macavity) has been diagnosed with cancer, so this is likely our last race together. I am distraught.

Gutting :-( Really sorry about that Jody.

It's amazing how attached we get to our furry pals. My kids have a cat each (not that they ever look after them) and I have grown very fond of them over the years. Even the one who hates me! Really upsetting when pets get ill / pass on.

Chin up.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(20-06-2019, 07:59 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  To lighten the mood a bit, Ericsson just said on Swedish TV that he can exclusively reveal that the evidence Ferrari will present is that he (meaning Ericsson) hit him (meaning Vettel). At least he has a sense of humour.

I am sorry Jody losing a pet is hugely traumatic, ( I have 5 and love them more than my wife!!!) My best wishes to you

(20-06-2019, 07:59 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not sure I'm going to be around much, my furry F1 watching buddy for the last decade (my cat Macavity) has been diagnosed with cancer, so this is likely our last race together. I am distraught.

Really sorry to hear that Jody.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post