So, that 5 second penalty ...

(25-06-2019, 10:10 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Didn't Damon or Martin suggest this during the weekend? rear wheel steering? sure they did.

Not sure bud....for the first time this season I only watched the C4 highlights ....that said C4`s version has an extra driver on track.....someone called Raikkonberg lol

Seen this on twitter earlier.... todays panel of "stewards" would need a lie down in a darkened room Wink

https://twitter.com/i/status/1047851839851388929

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-06-2019, 10:40 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Seen this on twitter earlier.... todays panel of "stewards" would need a lie down in a darkened room Wink

Can't watch that til later as I'm on site. Don't recollect it TBH, especially as Massa was notoriously shite in the wet.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(25-06-2019, 10:10 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Didn't Damon or Martin suggest this during the weekend? rear wheel steering? sure they did.

None (and I mean NONE) of the points being discussed here constitute rear wheel steering. Sky should get their terminology correct. Unless the rear wheels are changing direction it is NOT rear wheel steering 

Controlling the speed of rotation of an inside wheel so a car turns more isn't rear wheel steering. Sorry, you might think I'm being pedantic, but I've know bollocks when I hear it! Sky should get a grip and put across more informed statements.

Like I said before, if Mercedes (or other teams) are doing this (torque vectoring) it is easily detectable from telemetry.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(25-06-2019, 11:09 AM)morini Wrote:  

1) None (and I mean NONE) of the points being discussed here constitute rear wheel steering. Sky should get their terminology correct. Unless the rear wheels are changing direction it is NOT rear wheel steering 

2) Controlling the speed of rotation of an inside wheel so a car turns more isn't rear wheel steering. Sorry, you might think I'm being pedantic, but I've know bollocks when I hear it! Sky should get a grip and put across more informed statements.

3) Like I said before, if Mercedes (or other teams) are doing this (torque vectoring) it is easily detectable from telemetry.

1) Don't shoot the messenger lol, this is way above my tech understanding so only pointing out what they said bud.

2) Morini, pedantic? never would have thought it....  Tongue

My old JCB had independent rear brakes  Wink Didn't McLaren have similar years back? was that classed as rear wheel steering? I ask because I'm well confused now lol  Laughing

3) Well what ever it is its obviously legal because as you say they would be able to see it from the telemetry.

(25-06-2019, 10:40 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not sure bud....for the first time this season I only watched the C4 highlights ....that said C4`s version has an extra driver on track.....someone called Raikkonberg lol

Seen this on twitter earlier.... todays panel of "stewards" would need a lie down in a darkened room Wink

Raikkonberg Laughing 

Brilliant racing! lets hope they change the rules of combat like they are suggesting they will.  Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Was not having a pop at you Paps. Apologies if it came across like that.

I didn't hear what was said on Sky. I really have got to the point where I zone out when the sky pundits start spouting. I will admit I find this particular topic irritating though. Folk are saying things without applying any thought or logic. TV is very useful in road cars, but it works on all 4 wheels where as TC only works on the driven wheels. What people are accusing Mercedes of has more to do with traction control than it does steering. Whatever, I am willing to bet the are not doing it.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Morini, given the sensors the FIA have around the rear axle of these cars I doubt Mercedes could slip anything by the FIA. However, by issuing queries teams sometimes find out what others are actually up to when they receive the technical responses, much like Mercedes rear wheels last year, in their explanation the teams kinda got the information to deduce what Mercedes were actually up to.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(25-06-2019, 02:01 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Morini, given the sensors the FIA have around the rear axle of these cars I doubt Mercedes could slip anything by the FIA. However, by issuing queries teams sometimes find out what others are actually up to when they receive the technical responses, much like Mercedes rear wheels last year, in their explanation the teams kinda got the information to deduce what Mercedes were actually up to.

No problem with any of that, but why are people (pundits, fans) describing this as rear wheel steering? Clearly nothing of the sort and if they were doing something sneaky around these lines then it falls squarely under traction control. They'd be looking at disqualification I reckon.