Vettel / Leclerc team radio

What did we all make of the snippy comments from Seb and Leclerc about each other? Do we think things have already broken down between the two of them? If so it doesn't bode well for their future as a team going forward trying to fix their cars issues. They need both driver willing to talk together.

I think it's probably down to frustration of not really being in the fight at the moment. Trying to look at it from Vettels position it must be hard to motivate yourself when not much is going right, especially after such an encouraging winter testing. That is bound to spill over and the team radio is just venting I reckon.

I don't get the vibe that the two drivers have animosity between them. And you are right they need to work together to sort the car out. Within a couple more races I think the tension between Bottas and Hamilton is going to ramp up. Ferrari need to capitalise on that.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

I think at the start of the season Leclerc looked up to Vettel, however now I think he feels held back. I think if Ferrari let Leclerc race this weekend, especially with Vettel in 7th, we might see how good he actually is. Hopefully he does well so Ferrari wakes up and realise they are backing the wrong driver. Then we really would see Seb throw his toys out the pram. Love it.

I still maintain over a whole season Seb is the better bet for Ferrari, but his star is diminishing rapidly. I thought the snippy comments were from both drivers, Leclerc clearly isn't happy at Ferrari right now, and he feels, rightly or wrongly, that they're not supporting him. Meanwhile I think Seb is starting to feel the pressure.

As to Bottas Hamilton blowing up soon... sorry, but I don't think Bottas is close enough to Lewis for it to "blow up". I think what might happen is Bottas has a strop and nobody in Mercedes noticed or cares. Lewis is a full race will ahead and has been more than civil with Bottas, see the start at Baku, so if it blows up, it'll be Bottas, and with Ocon waiting in the wings it'll just be bad for him.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post