Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverstone 2019
So, hypothetically speaking, if you were to do Silverstone this year what tickets would you go for? GA are £199, Beckets £399, Copse £320 (all three day prices). Where would you park yourself? Or is it better to just wander around on the bankings?

I have not been for decades. Is the traffic as painful as I remember it or have things improved?
Copse, Beckets, Maggotts, Chapel & Stowe have been our favourites in years gone by, you can see quite a bit of the track from these places, the direction change is mind blowing, the International pit straight (opposite the wing) is good for the start/finish but you will see more from the two screens, these days there is no way I would do it on general admission, hard work to see much & I'm past arse ache, its worth paying the extra for grandstand seats.

^^^this is based on our last visit in 2012, probably improved since then.

Traffic in & out is much better than it used to be as is the parking, anyone old enough to remember when you had to drive through Silverstone village on single lane minor roads? remember the chip shop? used to be a pain but still well worth the hassle obviously, now there is motorway in & out.
"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.  Bomb
[-] The following 2 users Like PapaofGags's post:
  • morini, Monster Hesh
Not 100% decided I'm going yet, but it could be the last Silverstone GP if these American wanknuggets continue the way they are going. Mts M can't make it, but I have been given the green light if I want to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes morini's post:
  • PapaofGags
Sat at Becketts once, for an FP2, ha, might of been 2012 Papa : O
Was good, you can see a whole lots of track, right across to village and wellington straight. Was the first session where the track was dry for the whole session, in the 2 years I had been going. Wind was blowing right at us, so constant V8 noise, dont think I could have hacked it for more than the 1 1/2 hr, brain/ear ache had started to kick in by the end.
The problem with it, is you are side on to maggots etc, so you dont really get a sense of direction change.

Chapel is probably best for seeing them through becketts etc.

If you are there on a Friday, Pit straight is a must. We always got there stupidly early to get a solid seat opposite pits. FP1 is best, when the fuel smell hits the air, and the engines all fire up, took'in to a bacon & sausage (home made of course, warmer, even after a 3 hour drive, than the £10, shitty baguette bread, 1 skinny sausage and wet bacon, you get trackside) is certainly the way to start the day!

Stove and Copse I've not done, and would like to. but, seen F1 enough there. Time to visit MotoGP I think.
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post:
  • PapaofGags
So, I've just book three day grandstand tickets and a room for two nights about 20 miles away. It was stupidly expensive, but WTF, this may be the last Silverstone race for a while.
[-] The following 4 users Like morini's post:
  • forzaferrari, Monster Hesh, PapaofGags, NeilP
Noice. Plenty of time to make an F1Banter banner/flag : P
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[-] The following 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags
(05-06-2019, 04:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: Noice. Plenty of time to make an F1Banter banner/flag : P

How long is it have you been talking to me on here?

Long enough to know better I reckon!

Laughing
[-] The following 2 users Like morini's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags
(05-06-2019, 04:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: Noice. Plenty of time to make an F1Banter banner/flag : P

No need for a banner, You will be able to pick him out a mile away Hesh....he will be the one wearing FA14 cap, t-shirt & waving the "we love you Alonso" flag  Tongue
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[-] The following 3 users Like forzaferrari's post:
  • PapaofGags, Monster Hesh, NeilP
(05-06-2019, 04:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote: No need for a banner, You will be able to pick him out a mile away Hesh....he will be the one wearing FA14 cap, t-shirt & waving the "we love you Alonso" flag  Tongue

Rumbled. Again!
[-] The following 4 users Like morini's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags, Monster Hesh, NeilP