2019 Canadian GP

Hi peeps, enjoyed reading your views, will post in the new thread. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I notice Sky haven't put up the usual hilarious driver ratings article yet. I wonder if they've bottled it. Lol Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

In review, Drivers perspective:

Hamilton:  A solid weekend from him.  He may be fortunate in the eyes of many to inherit the win but enough has been said on other threads about this.

Vettel:  The weekend ended in misery for him and regardless of your feelings for the penalty that cost him the race you have to have some sympathy. Again enough has been said on other threads I though on the whole it was an encouraging weekend for Ferrari.

LeClerc: Solid if not spectacular. You get the feeling something is amiss with him since Bahrain, maybe he is trying too hard , maybe its the politics that have got him down. There is no questioning his pedigree.

Bottas: Personally speaking this is what I expected and called. Bottas is good not great. To expect him to challenge Hamilton for the title is a stretch.

Verstappen: Wrong place at the wrong time. Not sure I loved the strategy RBR done would have like to see a two stop and faster tyres. Did well I guess to finish where he did

Ricciardo: Sensational weekend when the car he is driving is taken into account. He is a top four driver, maybe top three. It was great to see him smile and be happy. If you dont love Danny you are a cold hearted animal Smile

Hulkenberg: Great race from him too. Very little to choose between the two Renault drivers both are excellent but Daniel is the better of the two.

Gasly: An uninspired result given the car he has. Was he promoted too soon?  Is he good enough for F1?  The jury is out.

Stroll: Well, sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due this was  an excellent result for Stroll who was rightly thrilled with his performance in his home race.

Kyvat: The final point and another solid performance by Daniil one wonders if a reverse Verstappen may be coming with him and Gasly. He is a much improved driver after a rocky start this year.

Sainz:  I thought he would do better but his penalty may have killed off that chance. Finished where he started. One has to remember where McLaren were so it is a steady improvement

Perez: Uninspired race and well beaten by a lesser skilled team mate. I think its time to move on from Perez. Racing Point are a big disappointment to me. Ocon should be in a seat in this team.

Giovinazzi: A good result for him finished well ahead of his more experienced team mate. I hope it is the start of better things from him but I have major reservations.

Grosjean: Was unlucky in both qualifying and at the start of the race and amazingly neither his fault. In the circumstances I guess decent but not what Haas should be doing.

Raikonnen:  Is it me or has the fire gone out of Kimi?  Had a good start to the year but is dropping away fast. Is it the car or is it a lack of a cutting edge from the driver?

Russell:  Did all he could be expected to do. We are not really going to learn much about George whilst his team is so pathetically off the pace.

Magnussen: I wanted to kick his ass when he complained about the car. If I had of been Gunther I would have told him its your own damn fault for trashing your car you ungrateful SOB.

Kubica: Its over please bow out gracefully

Albon: Disappointing weekend but Alex is doing a really good job.

Norris: Car failure prevented us from seeing what he could do. I was looking forward to him getting into the battle with Renault.

Good race weekend which will be forgotten because of the Vettel penalty. There was a lot to like about this weekend lets not lose sight of those things.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

LMAO

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1138549464...sip-column

Love these Mercedes debriefs here is the Canadian GP debrief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLzNttPco0
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(12-06-2019, 02:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
Love these Mercedes debriefs here is the Canadian GP debrief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLzNttPco0

Yeah enjoy these, cheers for putting them up bud.   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(12-06-2019, 04:06 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah enjoy these, cheers for putting them up bud.   Big Grin

Yes, thanks for posting Neil. I think Mercedes are maybe too open with these videos, but I think we all enjoy watching them.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post