Sad News as Niki Lauda Passes

^^^ What a pic! three of my earliest Hero's  Cool 

“I’m looking for my ear…”  Tongue Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Missed that photo of Niki, James Hunt and Barry Sheene. Great post!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Great picture, agreed.

Mercedes to run a red halo as well as a tribute to Lauda:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gpfans....3fid=39964

Probably the only way the Merc drivers will see red in front of them this weekend... unless they lap the entire field.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Hamilton starts to open up on Lauda influence.

[From beeb website]

"All these years he has been my partner in crime. He was such a racer. He was part of the process of changing my life.

"If I hadn't had that call, I'd be a one-time champion now. I sit here as a five-time champion and I owe him a lot. It was really difficult earlier in the week and I don't feel I have to confirm to what everyone else thinks. Wednesday was not the time. But he will live on in all our memories."
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(25-05-2019, 09:51 PM)morini Wrote:  Hamilton starts to open up on Lauda influence.

[From beeb website]

"All these years he has been my partner in crime. He was such a racer. He was part of the process of changing my life.

"If I hadn't had that call, I'd be a one-time champion now. I sit here as a five-time champion and I owe him a lot. It was really difficult earlier in the week and I don't feel I have to confirm to what everyone else thinks. Wednesday was not the time. But he will live on in all our memories."

I thought his comment that he would be a one time world champion if not for Niki Laudi was very telling about their relationship. Losing people you love is one of the hardest things that life throws at us.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(25-05-2019, 10:04 PM)NeilP Wrote:   Losing people you love is one of the hardest things that life throws at us.

The hardest thing, in my experience.

It hurts like hell when a family member dies, but you rarely get to pick them. It's the people you chose to let into your life, who you chose to make family that can really, really hurt you when they pass. I've never lost a child, but I've lost plenty of good friends and each one hurts like hell.

I knew it meant a lot to Lewis when he touched that red star on his car on Thursday, that wasn't scripted, it wasn't for the cameras it was personal and very raw.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Mercedes will keep its red star tribute to Niki Lauda on its cars "forever" so it never forgets the input that the three-time champion gave to the team.

"We have done a few things," said Wolff. "I'm really happy how we started off this weekend with the red halo, and the little star – which is going to stay on the car forever – and the signature. It was nicely done.

That's a really nice tribute to Niki. Classy touch.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post