Driver Line ups for 2020

I know this thread is basically fantasy but in hindsight I think it will prove interesting. My apologies to any who think it is a crazy one!!!

I think today sealed Bottas fate. The ONLY reason Mercedes would keep is for Unity and that is never a good idea.

Gasly is simply not good enough, maybe it was too early. I have him going back to Toro Rosso but he could be out of the sport completely. Albon has continued to develop and a lot faster than I think anyone imagined. I think he is a really solid future driver for any team.

Perez just go. Stroll will obviously be staying in his Dads team but he does not belong in F1.

Giovinazzi I got him hanging on by a thread!

Mercedes: Hamilton & Ocon

Ferrari: Leclerc & Vettel

Red Bull: Verstappen & Albon

Racing Point: Stroll & A. N.Other

Renault: Hulkenberg & Ricciardo

Toro Rosso: Gasly & Kyvat

Alfa Romeo: Raikkonen & Giovinazzi

McLaren: Sainz & Norris

Hass: Bottas & Rossi

Williams: Russell & Latifi

Not a bad shout there NeilP, I pretty much agree, I think hearing Toto talk, and the grimace on his face tells us a lot. Bottas in not in that Mercedes next year, also just saw a big beaming grin on Ocon's face, he knows now he's got that Merc seat for 2020. I think Toto might "hold off" making the decision until Singapore maybe Russia, unless his hand is forced, but I expect Ocon to be in the Mercedes next season. If he isn't it's because Lewis likes Bottas as his number 2.

Ferrari is no change. Good driver line up, Leclerc still learning the ropes, Vettel looking more like the Vettel of old these last two races and he's still a damn fine driver. Why shake it up before the driver market opens up in 2021?

Red Bull... Gasly's gone, don't know if they'll drop him back to Toro Rosso even, he's not looking good, it's clearly too much for him, and he's driving like a plank. This is what I expected from him when he came into F1, I said as much on here, but he did well at Toro rosso, but perhaps that's his level, and my initial assessment was right. Who do they bring in though? Albon? Maybe, but I think he needs another season. Kvyat would be the safer option for me, but I don't think Marko will let it happen. So I'm unsure of what RBR do there to be honest with you.

Racing point, I'm hearing that they're close to tying Checo down for 2 more seasons, so possibly no change there. I've also heard the Hulk and Wehrlein mentioned. However, I expect no change at Racing Point.

Renault... I'd like to see them keep the Hulk alongside Ricciardo, but I think his days are numbered. We've heard about Bottas, Ocon and now potentially Checo too, I saw that mentioned the other day on a Spanish news site. I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with the same driver line up, but I wouldn't be too shocked if they brought Bottas or Ocon in to get the data from Mercedes.

Toro Rosso, I actually expect the driver line up to be unchanged. I half expect a left field decision from RBR as who to pair Max with, and I honestly do not expect if they drop Gasly (which they will) for them to send him back to Toro Rosso. I think he might be bombed out of the sport.

Alfa Romeo... you keep Kimi. No question. Giovinazzi has actually been getting better and better. Do they stick with him? There are no junior Ferrari drivers who are ready to replace him, but Ferrari just tied Wehrlein down to a long term contract, probably because they see something in him, so maybe they'll try to get him a drive at Alfa instead of Giovinazzi.

McLaren, we already know they're all set, and what a cracking driver pairing it is.

Haas... I think they will be change, if you keep either of them it has to be Kmag for me. But yeah, I think both are under threat. Rossi or maybe Wehrlein again might come into contention, and if Renault do let the Hulk go, maybe he'll end up at Haas.

Williams will keep Russell, the guy has been mightily impressive in an utterly shit car, Kubica is gone, and despite all the Polish conspiracy theories about Pirelli giving him worse tyres and Mercedes giving him last years engines we can just say he's shit. He's not up to F1 anymore, which isn't a surprise after the injury he's had, and yeah, Latifi is looking good finally in F2 and I expect him to partner Russell.