Read the first few chapters last night and so far I'm enjoying it. Didn't realise Newey was a biker. And his first bike was a Morini tre e mezzo too! A man of taste, great bikes and a marque I hold a real fondness for (hence my moniker).

(09-01-2018, 09:12 PM)morini Wrote:  Read the first few chapters last night and so far I'm enjoying it. Didn't realise Newey was a biker. And his first bike was a Morini tre e mezzo too! A man of taste, great bikes and a marque I hold a real fondness for (hence my moniker).

The new Milano is a tasty looking machine

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(09-01-2018, 09:23 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The new Milano is a tasty looking machine

Yes, nice. And the styling has a nod towards the "real" morinis of the 70's which is good. But for me an early 70's wire wheel 350 sport is the one I'd prefer in my garage. I owned an '83 350 sport but always wished it was a '75 model. They were such nice bikes though. Sweet, sweet engines (when the carbs are properly balanced), light and sound like nothing else.

Wish I still had mine. Sigh.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

A new potential book for some of you:

"The Perfect Car"

It's the Biography of John Barnard, he of the MP4 fame, and arguably the most influential and arguably important designer in McLaren's history. Link for people who fancy having a look, I might pick it up:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Car-Bar...erfect+car

Hope Kimi had a ghost writer ......bwoah [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqxCLll9YloxjTx_s7iIY...1k2LqaO6-J]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

There is a new Gordon Murray book in the pipe line "One Formula"....not quite sure when it is due for release but it should be one for a read.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post