(03-07-2021, 06:47 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
(03-07-2021, 04:36 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(03-07-2021, 09:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lewis has signed a 2 year contract with Mercedes.

Would be interesting to know what Bottas gets now.
I think Bottas gets another year and Russell gets Ricciardo's seat. Based on nothing but a feeling.

Someone should certainly get DRicc seat because he is doing very poorly for the team at the moment. 

I think Bottas has burned his bridges now with Merc so I would be surprised if Russel wasn't in the black/silver car next year.

For next year McLaren will need someone with experience to develop the car so my worry would be that Russel to Merc might mean Bottas to Mclaren.

Interesting thought, although McLaren proven they can build a good car with young drivers.

I think Russell deserves the Mercedes seat, but because he is that good he might not get it now. Mercedes never want a repeat of Hamilton vs Rosberg and I think Russell will go a step further than Rosberg when it comes to challenging Hamilton. 
Therefor, they let the kid sit two years in a McLaren and replace Hamilton when he leaves. Again, based on nothing.

Got to have a 27B-6.

(06-09-2021, 01:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "A new chapter in my racing career is opening," said Bottas. "I'm excited to join Alfa Romeo for 2022 and beyond for what is going to be a new challenge with an iconic manufacturer.

Fixed that statement for ya VB

"Ive been given the boot from the best team in f1 as I wasnt good enough, and I never was. Ive spent years being Lewis & Toto`s little bitch as a result of my poor performances, who knew being fast on the odd Saturday wouldnt be enough?

I just hope Fred and his team will fit a rubber ring for me to sit on in the Alfa as my hoop is red raw from years being bent over & shafted!"

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(06-09-2021, 01:17 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Fixed that statement for ya VB

Hehe    Wink

Well we've all got what we wanted George in the Mercedes so happy days, 3 top Brits in top cars, personaly I'm made up Yaaaay.    Bomb    Beer   

........ notice I posted in the wrong thread.........again.     Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(06-09-2021, 01:17 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(06-09-2021, 01:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "A new chapter in my racing career is opening," said Bottas. "I'm excited to join Alfa Romeo for 2022 and beyond for what is going to be a new challenge with an iconic manufacturer.

"Ive been given the boot from the best team in f1 as I wasnt good enough, and I never was. Ive spent years being Lewis & Toto`s little bitch as a result of my poor performances, who knew being fast on the odd Saturday wouldnt be enough?

I just hope Fred and his team will fit a rubber ring for me to sit on in the Alfa as my hoop is red raw from years being bent over & shafted!"

The reality is Russell should have been in that car two years ago.

Bottas is a good driver, very good.  Many forget he performed very well at Williams and deserved his shot at Mercedes after Rosberg realized he had peaked and could never repeat his WDC so he quit whilst on top.

I think Russell is immediately just beneath Hamilton and Verstappen in performance terms and on a level with Sainz and Leclerc.  Will there be some issues at Mercedes between the two drivers?  Of course there will be, I would be disappointed if there was not.  Maybe now the Hamilton naysayers will now switch their attention as to Red Bulls Verstappens number two driver. (Yeah I know it will be on to the next excuse as to why he is not as good as others) Verstappen has not had any challenge from a team mate since Daniel Ricciardo left.

This is good for the sport of F1, we need the best drivers being in the best cars.  That by itself will give us better racing.  Gasly should be back in that Red Bull, far better driver than Perez who is at his best as an underdog.  If Ferrari can get their act together next year and who knows with all the new regulations we could be in for a great three way fight.  My personal belief is that Ferrari have the very best driver line up out of the top three right now but when Russell is officially a Mercedes driver I think then it will be Mercedes.

Exciting times ahead and even more so if you are a British F1 fan
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(06-09-2021, 01:17 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

Yep, makes me despise Bottas even more now. I mean, if the deal was done already, why not say "fuck you" to Wolf yesterday and take that fastest lap? He might feel again what it is to have some balls between your legs. 
But it is probably the same reason why he can be quick, but still not be a racer.

Anyway, talking about the (potential) driver line up at Mercedes, shall we have a little poll here who wins? Hamilton vs Russell and I am very tempted to say Russell.

I have not much reasons to doubt Hamilton until this year though. If Russell can put the pressure on Hamilton (without feeling it himself; he should have nothing to loose) then I really think Hamilton will crack. He made mistakes with Rosberg and this year we see the same thing happening now Verstappen puts him under pressure (although yesterday Hamilton almost had a flawless drive, if he only stopped whining).
On other hand Russell is very good and I put him up there with the very best like Verstappen, Hamilton and Leclerc, but he still makes more mistakes than those guys.
Still, I like a gamble on the young gun.

What do you guys think?

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(06-09-2021, 04:01 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  What do you guys think?

Think my view is well known as I've been saying it for yonks. 

My view is George wont beat Lewis in his first year, its been the same ever since I was an ankle biter how hard it is to move to a new team & beat a known no1 in "his team" CLK did it to Sebastian, no offence but imo Lewis is a very different weapon.

My hope is that George learns from Lewis & become a driver capable of winning a WDC, I would be surprised if George wasn't challenging Lewis more in year 2, Lewis's last year? having learned how to mould the team around him Mercedes will become "his team" 

^^^ Now if I'm wrong Yipeeeeeeeee    Bomb  Bomb   Bomb

"If" George beats Lewis in his first year we have another Brit superstar on our hands, deep joy.    Big Grin

I appreciate the skills of people/drivers from all over the World I really do, Lauda, Prost, Senna even the Red Baron were all F1 Gods in my view "but" I will always follow the Brits first, always, I think Max, CLK, Carlos are mega but I'll always want Lewis, George & Lando to do well.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(06-09-2021, 03:56 PM)NeilP Wrote:   after Rosberg realized he had peaked and could never repeat his WDC so he quit whilst on top.

Glad to see you have let the disappointment of 2016 go mate  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

George will be fine against Lewis....both drivers will have a new car and new regs...So no real advantage for either.....The Merc might not even be in the top 3 cars to be in.....RBR, Ferrari, McLaren and even Alpine could have better cars that deal better with the changes....One thing is for sure though...Russel will be an improvement on Bottas who quite frankly sucked ass.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 5 users Like pennywise's post

(06-09-2021, 06:39 PM)pennywise Wrote:  .....The Merc might not even be in the top 3 cars to be in

Here`s hoping  Big Grin

I will just leave this here  Rolleyes

Anyone want to caption the 2nd pic? I`ll start....

"are you sure I wont look a total knob in this?"

"are you sure no one will see my vagina?"

"I hope my nephew doesnt see me wearing this after I slagged him for wearing a girls dress"

"if I also wear a tiara will I get even more attention?"