(10-05-2021, 05:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yup cheered me up no end buddy.......about as much as someone shitting in my Cornflakes

You need to work on your "cheering up" techniques Paps

Hahahaha    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Lewis Hamilton has started negotiations with Mercedes for next year.......and is pushing for Bottas to remain as his team-mate according to AMuS. "Valterri is the best team-mate Ive ever had, I want him beside me again next season and Ive explained both to him and the team how much I value him"

Asked what he thought of George coming into the team for next year, Lewis snapped back "and whats he going to do?"

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I think there is a genuine rapport between Lewis and Valteri and it is easy to say Lewis only wants him there because he can beat him more often than not. I think his reasoning is more inline with Valteri has a lot more experience in setting up a car (especially a Mercedes car) and he knows Red Bull's emergence is a serious challenge and Mercedes need everything they have to counter them.

From a personal point of view I want to see Russell in that second Mercedes. I would also say another year at Williams I feel will be damaging to Russells career. He has done all he possibly can in a terrible almost F2 level vehicle. I have nothing to go on but my gut feeling and that feeling tells me Russell will push Hamilton harder than Valteri. Russells performance at Sakir last year was astonishing.

EDIT: I would say Russell in a Mercedes right now would beat Perez on a consistent basis
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I fully get Lewis wanting Bottas alongside him again next year, I why wouldnt he, however what if VB`s crap performance loses Merc the constructors title?....time for Georgie-boy to get a rattle at it imo

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-06-2021, 06:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I fully get Lewis wanting Bottas alongside him again next year, I why wouldnt he, however what if VB`s crap performance loses Merc the constructors title?....time for Georgie-boy to get a rattle at it imo

No argument from me Bottas was past his sell by date 2 years ago.  He may well cost Mercedes the Constructors THIS year at the rate he is going.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Sorry lads, but again Hamilton shows his character.

Russell already showed us last year that with jumping in a car he has never driven, he could beat Bottas like taking candy from a child. The world sees Bottas being shite and especially now Red Bull has got close to speed of Mercedes, Bottas is really showing that he is not top racer. Fact is, Mercedes is losing the constructor championship because of Bottas.

Yet Hamilton still wants Bottas as a teammate, but at the same time keeps saying he welcomes competition.
Sorry, but Hamilton is full of shit. I don't blame him for preferring a weak teammate (I even understand very well), but I do blame him for the hypocrite bullshit he talks. Just say nothing at all then.

I really hope Russell gets that Bottas seat. He deserves it and even though Hamilton doesn't think so now, it will help Hamilton as well (not that I care; I just want lots of fights in top cars and Bottas gives me nothing).

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Lewis has signed a 2 year contract with Mercedes.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(03-07-2021, 09:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lewis has signed a 2 year contract with Mercedes.

Would be interesting to know what Bottas gets now.
I think Bottas gets another year and Russell gets Ricciardo's seat. Based on nothing but a feeling.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(03-07-2021, 04:36 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(03-07-2021, 09:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lewis has signed a 2 year contract with Mercedes.

Russell gets Ricciardo's seat. Based on nothing but a feeling.

Rarely I think we all would like George to get the Mercedes seat, but Lando v George in the same car, oh yes please.  Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(03-07-2021, 04:36 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  

Would be interesting to know what Bottas gets now.
I think Bottas gets another year and Russell gets Ricciardo's seat. Based on nothing but a feeling.

Someone should certainly get DRicc seat because he is doing very poorly for the team at the moment. 

I think Bottas has burned his bridges now with Merc so I would be surprised if Russel wasn't in the black/silver car next year.

For next year McLaren will need someone with experience to develop the car so my worry would be that Russel to Merc might mean Bottas to Mclaren.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post