Cheers Bud enjoyed that.   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Surprised that top 10 didn't include Hamilton's 2007 win at the Fuji Speedway during a Monsoon. I think it's still officially F1's wettest race. He was even punted off the track twice I think, certainly once by Kubica, I certainly remember that. Either way, that day he was consistently quicker than everyone else & made Alonso in the sister car look like a chump. McLaren had to radio him a number of times to make sure he wasn't pushing too hard because he was so much quicker than others at times.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(20-01-2021, 10:59 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Surprised that top 10 didn't include Hamilton's 2007 win at the Fuji Speedway during a Monsoon. I think it's still officially F1's wettest race. He was even punted off the track twice I think, certainly once by Kubica, I certainly remember that. Either way, that day he was consistently quicker than everyone else & made Alonso in the sister car look like a chump. McLaren had to radio him a number of times to make sure he wasn't pushing too hard because he was so much quicker than others at times.

Yeah, I do remember that race and it was a quite remarkable win in a rookie season. I guess they have plenty of races to choose from though!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

It was the race that convinced Niki Lauda that Lewis Hamilton was the real deal. Watched an interview with Niki for Scandinavian TV, where the interviewer asked him when he knew Lewis was the real deal, without hesitation he said Fuji 2007. He brought up that it was a World Champions drive in a rookie season, and that he stood head and shoulders above the competitors that day. It was the day I was convinced Lewis was for real as well. He was punted off track twice as well. People forget the 2007 McLaren was a dog in wet conditions as well.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton is unlikely to sign a three-year contract with Mercedes. "I don't think so," said Mercedes Motorsport Director Toto Wolff in an exclusive interview with RTL / ntv. Because of the budget cap that has been in effect since this year and the new F1 rules from 2022, the team has to "keep our eyes open", according to the Austrian.

However, Hamilton will "soon" sign a new working paper and also drive for the Silver Arrows in 2021, assured Wolff. In the end there must be a "sensible agreement, and we are not far from it"

RTL.DE

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

He finally signed a one year deal.
Well, I have nothing else to say about the matter. I mean, he did what we thought he was going to do...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(08-02-2021, 06:50 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I mean, he did what we thought he was going to do...

He didnt do what I was hoping he would do   Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(08-02-2021, 07:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(08-02-2021, 06:50 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I mean, he did what we thought he was going to do...

He didnt do what I was hoping he would do   Tongue

Hmmm.......what?.......sign for Ferrari?  Hehe     Laughing

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Just to cheer our friend Forza up.      Tongue

Lewis Hamilton will sign at least two-year deal with Mercedes and can race beyond 40, claims Toto Wolff.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff believes Lewis Hamilton can stay in Formula One beyond his 40th birthday and expects his star driver to commit to at least a two-year contract extension.

Asked if Hamilton can compete into his 40s, Wolff replied: "Yes, absolutely. I have no doubt about that. He is so disciplined that in a way it is inspiring.

"As long as Lewis continues to look after himself mentally and physically, continues to develop cognitively, then he can go on for much longer.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yup cheered me up no end buddy.......about as much as someone shitting in my Cornflakes

You need to work on your "cheering up" techniques Paps

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post