(13-10-2020, 05:03 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(13-10-2020, 04:27 PM)Beano Wrote:   https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/in...0493715234

Could you give some context as to what that is about? Or provide a link to a non apple.com source for the content? I know people will think it is paranoid but I like to steer clear of that company as much as possible.

It’s the original interview of Jackie Stewart that caused the media outlets to send out click bait articles, I don’t know if these podcasts go out on other devices like android because my device is obviously Apple. The podcast is called “Life in the Fast Lane” they interview an array of F1 personnel past and present a little like F1s beyond the grid podcasts. I didn’t really listen to podcasts but of late I think it’s better than reading some journalists article where they extract snippets of a full conversation, you get a better feel for the whole interview. I’m not sure why people get paranoid other than collecting data so they can send to advertisers I wouldn’t think there’s anything “darker” than that. Podcasts don’t have adverts or clicky bits like websites they are streamed or downloaded
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(13-10-2020, 05:28 PM)Beano Wrote:  It’s the original interview of Jackie Stewart that caused the media outlets to send out click bait articles

Ah, right. I know what he said so won't bother googling to listen to that again. As others have said, he has become very ungracious and bitter in his old age.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post

(13-10-2020, 05:39 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(13-10-2020, 05:28 PM)Beano Wrote:  It’s the original interview of Jackie Stewart  that caused the media outlets to send out click bait articles

Ah, right. I know what he said so won't bother googling to listen to that again. As others have said, he has become very ungracious and bitter in his old age.

He goes on, but did you hear it? Sometimes we all assume from peoples opinions whom have read an article? (A snippet I may add) Sometimes it’s better to make your own mind up listening to the “actual” interview and if you feel the same then least you formed an opinion having heard the proper dialogue.

Martin Whitmarsh says his bit. They all appear to be coming out of the woodwork since Portugal. No idea why? Laughing

https://www.planetf1.com/news/martin-whi...-the-best/

Very strange, and not what I expected. I always got the perception that Whitmarsh was biased towards Jenson Button in the 2010 - 2012 years, but he seems to hold Lewis in very high regard indeed. Maybe it was the TV coverage back then that gave me that vibe? It was in the Jake Humphrey days after all and that team were avid Jenson Button groupies. I remember several interviews where Whitmarsh came across as a bit biased. In reality he probably wasn't, but I'm sure there is stuff that will come out in autobiographies down the line.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

I have a feeling this may not go so well Laughing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55128005

Just trying to imagine the amount of flak this will generate amongst the internet twats trolls.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I have never tuned into that station so wont make any difference to me, that said he will be a good fit.....prince ginger pubes & Greta whatsherface.....most people think they are gobshites also Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Hamilton wins sportsman of the year

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/ot...rts-awards

Silverstone has renamed the pit straight in honour of Lewis Hamilton, BRDC announced today the International pit straight would now be known as the Cockwomble Hamilton straight.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-12-2020, 06:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Silverstone has renamed the pit straight in honour of Lewis Hamilton, BRDC announced today the International pit straight would now be known as the Cockwomble Hamilton straight.

Nice way to honour Sir Lewis      Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

A magician at work