(09-08-2023, 10:59 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  ^^^ Just correcting this.

Helmut Marko rubbishes Sergio Perez Red Bull pay cut talk.

Confusing or what? Perez is a pay driver. Comes with sponsorship and always has done from what I understand.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

(09-08-2023, 12:30 PM)black Wrote:  Perez is a pay driver. Comes with sponsorship and always has done from what I understand.

Lol Laughing

Hard to argue against this. The thing is, the very top drivers will always want to be tested against the very best opposition and I'm sorry, but Sergio Perez ain't that. The people who slag Lewis Hamilton off should at least acknowledge he is scared of no one in the car next door. Nico Rosberg (as an example) had nowhere near Hamilton's driving talent, but what he did have was a very strong technical understanding of what makes a car go fast (along with a ruthless, cunning streak) and the ability to translate that to speed on the track. Those two guys both learnt off each other during their time as team mates. Nico learnt some driving skill, Lewis learnt some technical and political know how. I'll never feel 2016 was a fair outcome, but neither would I begrudge Nico Rosberg his WDC that year. It took some luck, but he fought hard all the way. 2016 definitely made Lewis Hamilton a stronger opponent since that loss.

Max doesn't have any of that, he is wrapped in cotton wool by the team and I reckon he will fizzle out unless someone pushes him. Also, his dad is a complete c*nt! Compare and contrast, Anthony Hamilton - Jos Verstappen  Tongue
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Slapped with another penalty point in Saudi Arabia, Sergio Perez is just four points away from a race ban and he’ll only lose one point on his super licence in September after 15 races.

The stewards ruled that Alonso had to “take evasive action to avoid a collision” with Perez having left his pit box before getting the go-ahead from Red Bull.

“What made the situation worse,” they noted, “was the fact that car 11 left the pits when there was a red light shown to it (indicating that it should not go out of the pit box).”

Perez was hit with a five-second time penalty, although that did nothing to change the race result with the Mexican driver taking second place ahead of Charles Leclerc.

However, the penalty point he received could have consequences later in the year as he’s now up to eight and won’t lose one until 17 September.

There are 15 races between now and then and if Perez is hit with another four points, he’ll face a one-race ban as any driver who collects 12 penalty points over a rolling 12-month period receives an automatic one-race ban.

Perez admits it was his mistake as even though he didn’t have the release sign from Red Bull, he didn’t see anyone coming down the pit lane so he went.

“And when I was going out, it was actually my mistake, because I was told by the team to hold it back.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(10-03-2024, 01:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   if Perez is hit with another four points, he’ll face a one-race ban 

Eh, would anybody actually notice him missing?  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post