2019 Monaco GP

So which Silver car will win? Or can RBR get in amongst them? I think Ferrari could be in serious trouble in Monaco. RBR were way quicker than Ferrari in S3, and Haas and TR weren't far off of them. They need to get on top of it quick.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-05-2019, 04:27 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So which Silver car will win? Or can RBR get in amongst them? I think Ferrari could be in serious trouble in Monaco. RBR were way quicker than Ferrari in S3, and Haas and TR weren't far off of them. They need to get on top of it quick.

Get the thread running early Jody Smile Nice one.

Normally I would be looking at Monaco as a Mercedes damage limitation weekend, but this year I think they will be right up there. I would still favour Red Bull as Monaco is something of a speciality circuit for them. I think max will be on an absolute mission and I will love it if he wins. He deserves some payback for a very mature and measured start to 2019. Brundle said today (I rarely agree with him, but this time I do) Max is now combining his obvious natural talent with substantial F1 experience. He is starting to understand the percentage game. Don't forget he's been in F1 a long time now and has huge experinece for a guy his age, the way he manages race weekends since mid last season is very impressive in my eyes. He has all the ingredients, just unfortunate that the competition is so stellar at this point in time.

Look at Hamiltons early years for a comparison, blindingly fast but very raw (loved watching Hamilton drive back in his first three years) and he made mistakes. A lot of mistakes. Over the years he has ironed out those mistakes and developed into an absolute winning machine. I can see the same potential in Max Verstappen.

Ramble over. Max Vertappen to get his maiden pole (still stunned he doesn't have one) and convert to a win.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Looking at S3 times in Spain, you'd have to say Mercedes have a big advantage over RBR, who have a big advantage over Ferrari, who are just ahead of Haas, Toro Rosso and McLaren. Monaco could quickly turn into a nightmare weekend for Ferrari if they have a slightly off weekend. honestly looking at the slow sections of the tracks we've been too so far, S3 Spain, S2 Baku, and S2 Melbourne... that story is told as well. In Baku Toro Rosso in the race were quicker than Ferrari in S2, and Haas were close in quali. All it takes is for those teams high downforce set up to work and Ferrari's not to work, and good God it could be bad. We know the Ferrari front end washes out in slow speed corers too, which kills you round Monaco, and with the elevation changes and washing out... I actually fear for Forza's mental health with Monaco coming up. If Gasly remembers how to drive, honestly, the best Ferrari can hope for is fifth and sixth. But it wouldn't take much from a couple of the midfield teams to worry them.

I actually fear for Forza's mental health with Monaco coming up.

LMAO

Maybe we should start a go fund me account for Forza to go away somewhere nice with his wife for that weekend!!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(12-05-2019, 07:35 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I actually fear for Forza's mental health with Monaco coming up.

LMAO

Maybe we should start a go fund me account for Forza to go away somewhere nice with his wife for that weekend!!!!!

eh? you volunteer to do something nice for me.....then ruin it by saying I have to take the bloody wife. Thanks but no thanks Neil  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Normally I would say this is Red Bull area, even though it is Verstappen his nemesis as a track.
But, this year the Mercedes just seems faster, even in the slow corners. I say they take a 1-2 pole and finish. Impossible to say wich driver, but flip a coin and Hamilton is the save bet.

After Mercedes Verstappen will finally defeat this track this year and again another third for him (would he only be driving a silver car).

Then a fight between the Ferrari's and Gasly. This is just guessing from my part so I better stop here. No more images from my crystal bol.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Don't normally make predictions but Max or Lewis for pole. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I'm not entirely sure why anyone would want to take more than the mandatory single set of C4's and C3's. Just go for the C5's and practice Qualifying runs until qualifying. Still, Mercedes haven't made a mistake yet have they?
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Are we looking at a one stop or two stop race here? I know last year was mainly a one stop even using the Ultrasoft tyres (I am in the very small minority of people who preferred the old tyre system I never found it remotely confusing.) I mean how soft is the soft for this race, as soft as last years Ultrasoft??

Please let it rain, no let it storm, a cyclone even anything but a dry race and I am not talking about the spectators here!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post