2019 Monaco GP

Jody, loving the coverage.

Today results were as expected... Shall we reconvene in February 2021?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Always a boring track, but this year it seems it will be even more boring. I will not be watching the race live; rather go lawn mowing...
[+] 6 users Like Antilochos's post

(23-05-2019, 07:46 PM)Antilochos Wrote:   I will not be watching the race live; rather go lawn mowing...

I shall be shitfaced smoking copious amounts of *Dutch tobacco* & eating nibbles, I might well take a nap.....   Tongue Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2019, 03:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Nope, the twat needs a diving lesson in the harbour wearing lead wellies......chained to Crofty

I'd pay good money for a front row seat on the harbour wall!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

I predict a 4th Valterri Bottas pole. Didn't expect him to be as close as he is.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I think it's nip and tuck between Lewis and Bottas I really do round here, but if you look at Lewis' laps he didn't get many clean ones in Morini. Plus his session leading time was actually his fourth run on those Softs after he'd put a horrid flat spot on them. If he'd finished off the lap he got blocked on by Leclerc (he was up on Bottas' by 0.2 in S1 and 0.3 in S2) I think he'd have gone nicely clear at the top. However, as always the track rubbers in more and more and come Saturday qualifying it could all swing around. I would love Bottas to take pole as I think that might rattle Lewis, but I have a feeling Lewis is on it this weekend.

As to convening again in 2021, I'm not quite willing to write off 2020 yet... but you can stick a fork in 2019 because it's well and truly done.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Some nice commentary today Jody I was unable to watch anything (i will be up for Qualifying tomorrow) and as much as I loathe the race I will watch it live it is after all Formula One.

Has anyone spoken with Forza today? Is he okay? I sent him and his charming wife a new set of kitchen knives last week wondering if he has got them yet!!!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I think Forza has developed the zen like qualities of a Hindu Cow and the dignified resignation of a death row inmate who knows what's coming. I think it's all any of us can do. As a McLaren fan I went through that process years ago. I still hope for better days, but I know it's a forlorn hope right now. Hell, they dropped Honda just as they came good and switched to Renault engines as they've gone into full meltdown and are apparently on the verge of pulling the plug entirely on F1. Life as an F1 fan can be cruel and harsh.

As to the commentary, I know some peeps can't watch the FP1 & 2 sessions because of work, so I just drop my thoughts so they have an idea of what's going on, and if they want to ask questions they know someone's there who can give an answer.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Lol, Ive been called many a thing but never a Hindu Cow...nor dignified.....think I might actually take that as a compliment haha. If Im honest yes Ferrari has been shocking and disappointing this season so far....but it is what it is, heck Im a Ferrari fan, ive had plenty of practice being let down since the 70`s, but what really riles me is the state of the sport, there is really very little to get excited about week in week out regardless of who I or we support, for the first time in my life I am not getting the buzz from the sport that lured me to it as a child and then kept me intrigued for 40+ years, that excitement of seeing cars on the limit and drivers putting it all on the line lap after lap has all but gone, I can only hope that the next rule change will bring back that feeling.

(24-05-2019, 01:50 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Has anyone spoken with Forza today?  Is he okay?  I sent him and his charming wife a new set of kitchen knives last week wondering if he has got them yet!!!

Yes Neil, thankyou for your wonderful gift, however they are useless as someone has filed all the sharp edges off them  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(24-05-2019, 09:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  that excitement of seeing cars on the limit and drivers putting it all on the line lap after lap has all but gone, I can only hope that the next rule change will bring back that feeling.

The biggest culprit for that is tyres and nowt to do with the Hybrid era which a lot of poeple whinge about. There has always been a management elemnt to races, even back in the day. But for the last 10 years or so it has been way to extreme. I loved refueling era where the cars were usually light and the drivers could push a lot harder.

Anyhow, I mostly agree with you and it is one of the reasons that the highlight of a race weekend for me is qualifying. The current format for quali is nothing short of awesome and I hope to lucifer that Liberty media don't mess with the format.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post