2019 Monaco GP

(23-05-2019, 10:04 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  If the grey matters working wasn't Sebastian excused when Sergio Marchionne passed as well, cant be easy for them.

Yeah

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

So the Haas cars have been black flagged, FP1 session over.

Ferrari in trouble. They are being picked off by Haas, Renault right now. They're possibly under threat from some of the midfield.

We'll see how this goes, but that lap that Leclerc dragged out of that Ferrari was "on it" he was really pushing hard and was on the edge, running super close to the walls. He's desperate to do well here obviously, but there is so much more to come from Mercedes and RBR especially.

Yup, way more to come, Lewis cruises 7 tenths clear and then Max puts a nice lap in. For me Merc and RBR clearly ahead of Ferrari. And we're I Ferrari I'd be worried by Toro Rosso, Renault and especially Haas.

Yup, Kvyat now ahead of both Ferrari's. They're fine up the hill, and through the tunnel on the straight bits. But they lose so much in the corners, especially S3.

Leclerc flying, and they've sorted S3 it seems!!!

Both Ferrari's same lap time, but they're both really on it.

Lewis is comfortable here, but Bottas is not as comfortable. He'll need to pick it up, or he could be picked off.

Leclerc is clearly quicker than Vettel here, it's clear from the onboards. Vettel is struggling big time with the slow stuff, his car is just not underneath him on the way he'd like whereas Leclerc seems more comfortable with it.

I think that was Kubica in the barriers again I think, he's lost it three times already.

Ferrari graining it's tyres.

An absolute flier ruined for Hamilton by traffic, he'd have been 0.8 quicker. And Max had his lap blocked too, that was almost on Lewis' pace too... interesting.

If Lewis gets a clear lap here he'll blitz the field... and I'd say Max actually looks the next quickest. He's not had a single clear lap, which will piss him off.

Yup Max gets a clear lap and is right on Lewis' pace.

RBR and Merc doing race runs... and they're looking really, really good. No graining, I think RBR and Merc could do the entire race on these Softs it seems.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Ferrari's race pace is off Mercedes and RBR around here, not that it means much given how the train works in Monaco. But the tyre graining might worry them.

Is it cold graining? Or is it the understeer across the front axle causing it? We'll see.

We'll that's slight advantage Mercedes I'd say. Not sure Ferrari will be in the shoot out for pole. They're best result will be getting a single car on the second row I think if Gasly doesn't get them. They're actually more likely to be looking over their shoulders.

On a plus point Williams weren't slowest in this session. That was Lance Stroll in the Racing Point. God he's shyte.

On site so can't watch p sessions today. Bloody stupid idea having it on Thursday!

Will watch P2 when I get back home tonight. Normally I'd be shouting for the competition, given the current domination. However, I would like to see Mercedes win it for Niki Lauda.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

There was an interesting moment for Lewis coming into the garage, don't think he knew he had a camera on him to be honest, he knelt by his car and touched the red star on the side of his car. I think it's really affected him genuinely. There's raw emotion there.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

This afternoon we're really likely to have just quali runs in FP2 today like normal here in Monaco, which is cool. Race runs are unlikely here, because what's the point. Plus RBR and Mercedes already got the data they'll most likely need for the race.

Mercedes 0.6 ahead on the Mediums... ouch.

I think if the Ferrari's aren't on it in quali they absolutely are at risk of being picked off by the front of the midfield
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

As more and more rubber goes down they're just ramping up and up... With the F2 rubber going down on Friday, I have to say come qualifying on Saturday they could easily find themselves going sub 1:10's. That's mental.

Leclerc ruined Hamilton's flier, totally blocked him, Ferrari should have told him to get out the way he was going way too slow.

It's going to be close between Bottas and Hamilton here, very close. RBR have issues with Max's car.

Those Mercs are heavy on the fuel.

I think Hamilton has ruined those tyres.

Take the fuel out, turn the engine up a bit, and push 100% and I think a sub 1:10 is possible. Hamilton goes fastest with seriously flat spotted tyres.

Alfa, Haas and Toro Rosso might be a serious threat here if this is all bang on, because race pace they're better than Ferrari.

Sorry to pollute Jody's input but I cant take it anymore....   Angry

Quote Chris Evans "If there's a louder thing that human beings can create that doesn't involve a nuclear bomb"

Am I the only one who he winds up?...…... Twat. Ani-bird

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2019, 03:07 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Am I the only one who he winds up?...…... Twat. Ani-bird

Nope, the twat needs a diving lesson in the harbour wearing lead wellies......chained to Crofty

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Leclerc started way too fast in his race stint, his laps have gone. It's dead.

Yeah, Evans and Crofty... fucking match made in hell.

Thought Hamilton was originally going slow... no, he was hitting his marks. His lap times are ping, ping, ping and Bottas is dropping off rapidly. He's in the groove.

Still think it'll be close between the silver cars for pole, but Hamilton is looking good right now. I think I'm going to enjoy watching them fly in qualifying, because I think they're going to smash the lap record of 1:10.810 set by Ricciardo. I really do, even without the Hyper Soft tyres.

I think Mercedes will have another one two here barring disaster. No one else is close here at all

Gasly is 1 second a lap off of Mercedes pace yet over 4 laps he's taken 7 seconds out of Leclerc. Ouch.

No prizes handed out on Thursday, but Lewis and Mercedes look mighty round here. The W10 is the best car Mercedes have ever made. It's phenomenal.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post