Last race at Sao Paulo

Brazialian GP to move to Rio

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143239...io-gp-move

Well, im gutted. i hate racing on the track in games, I just dont gel with it. But, this track was great to watch cars go around. Some absolute all time classic's have happened there.

Final year, really going to have to savour this one.
Wonder how many other tracks we are going to be saying this to in the very near future...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

It is nearly always sad when things move on in many areas of life. I will be honest and say I have never really like the race track anyway. I have to think also the violence and unsafe area the track is in contributed to the decision not that Rio is a whole lot better but maybe more manageable.

Hesh I am sorry to say it but I bet we will lose 3/4 more in the next 2/3 years and whats even worse they will probably be lost to street races. I am truly worried about F1's direction right now.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Let's be clear the Autodromo José Carlos Pace (aka Interlagos) is one hell of an old school circuit with buckets, and buckets of history. I for one will be very, very sad to see it fall from the Calendar. It has provided great racing throughout the years and came alive again during this wider car era ironically as there seemed to be over taking spots everywhere around the circuit in 2017 and 18. However, it's a mess, and needs serious investment as it is falling apart at the seams. There's also serious levels of crime around the circuit, and I was warned away from going to the race by a number of Sao Paulo natives I know a few years ago, and hearing the levels of violence and crime around the race... I'm very glad I didn't go that year despite the invite. However, no of that will be any different in Rio, I know a few people who were mugged and robbed at gun point during the Rio Olympics, so that won't be solved by a change of venue / city. As I understand it though it will be a proper racetrack this time not another street circuit, so I'll wait and see what the plans are. A German friend said it looked like another Tilke pick and mix track with a Copse, Maggots and Becket's section leading into a La Source type corner, or maybe the other way round. I guess stealing corners from other tracks worked for him at CotA, but I'll wait and see.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well that looks thoroughly boring. Could be good I suppose depending on elevation changes. Is it clockwise or counterclockwise? Can't tell from the image, I'm assuming counterclockwise because it would seem to "flow" better that way round in my mind.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(09-05-2019, 01:14 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well that looks thoroughly boring. Could be good I suppose depending on elevation changes. Is it clockwise or counterclockwise? Can't tell from the image, I'm assuming counterclockwise because it would seem to "flow" better that way round in my mind.

Too right Jody, elevation changes is the only thing that can save this track. Looks a great bike track : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Funnily enough Hesh that's exactly what I thought, great bike track.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

First off, Sau Paulo is a weird one. At face value it doesn't come across as a great circuit, but somehow it nearly always delivers. Some of my personal favourite races happened there.

Agree on the pic of the Rio track. Looks shitsville to me.

(09-05-2019, 12:41 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I guess stealing corners from other tracks worked for him at CotA, but I'll wait and see.

CotA, IMO is one of the best modern circuits from a track design perspective (Tilke tracks are normally a bit dull). Where they cocked CotA up was buiding it on such a poor foundation. They are already paying the price and I hear it might mean the event dropping off the calendar. Damn shame. Bet they replace it with a micky mouse Baku lookalike too.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Agree with Morini here that Sau Paulo is a weird one. Maybe this track also deliver is that there is always rain or a threat of rain.
Something I wish they took more into account when planning the F1 calendar; the weather at time from racing. A bit more rain threat during racing at some circuits would be fun.

I am not so fast judging the new circuit on its looks. It doesn't look that dull to me. We will just have to see on this one.

The Texas track is indeed one of the best. It is fighting with Spa for being my favourite track.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post