Bloody tyres

Yep, its the subject we all love to hate. Are the rest of you guys sick & tyred (see what I done there?) watching the the finest engineered cars on the planet tip-toe around saving tyres or trying to "switch them on"? Last year we had the uproar when Pirelli introduced the thinner gauge tyres to prevent blistering at a few tracks, now a year later having moved to these tyres for every race read/ listen to (almost) every team complain and whine that these rubbers are near impossible to get into the working window.....will we ever see tyres the drivers can really lean on again? Are these tyres one of the main factors in ruining our sport?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(07-05-2019, 12:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Are the rest of you guys sick & tyred (see what I done there?) 

Yup agree Forza, I realise its always gone on (tyre/fuel saving) but it seems to be extreme now, we all want to see them on the limit for every lap now I know this might not be possible but it seems to me to have gotten silly now.  

To be honest there's a bit I could whinge about F1 but I'll try not to go off topic..... Hehe  Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yeah, but the issue with tyres this year is the levels of downforce these cars produce being way more than the FIA predicted, and the lack of tyre blankets. Although I suppose the reasons don't matter too much if the result is the same I guess, it's just it's not "only" the tyres.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(07-05-2019, 02:02 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  it's just it's not "only" the tyres.

This ^^^

Plus, I have to chip in with -> at least all the teams are using the same tyres. Hated the dual manufacturer era and don't want to see that farce happen again.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Pirelli names 3 f1 teams to test 18" tyres

Mercedes, McLaren and Renault will undertake this year's mule car testing for 18-inch tyres, Pirelli has confirmed.
Each team will take part in its own two-day session with the prototypes of the new tyre sizes towards the end of this year. Pirelli will share the data it gathers with the other seven teams.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce...g/4385059/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Mercedes clearly not wanting a repeat on the 2017 tyre switch fiasco, so they're down for a new tyre test finally. Strange two Renault owered teams being picked though... I thought Ferrari would have been one of them, and RBR surely were pushing to get data. Still, it's only a test.

(10-05-2019, 03:54 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Mercedes clearly not wanting a repeat on the 2017 tyre switch fiasco, so they're down for a new tyre test finally. Strange two Renault owered teams being picked though... I thought Ferrari would have been one of them, and RBR surely were pushing to get data. Still, it's only a test.

Yeah only a test and data shared but gives those teams an insight on whats coming/whats needed suspension wise for the future.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

My thoughts exactly Forza, I was told Binotto didn't even ask... mistake.

(10-05-2019, 04:06 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  My thoughts exactly Forza, I was told Binotto didn't even ask... mistake.

Ferrari said they didnt have the resources in a online interview with Binotto....whatever the reason I agree its a huge mistake giving your competition an advantage

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(10-05-2019, 04:13 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari said they didnt have the resources in a online interview with Binotto....

Eh?? What? Have I stepped in to an alternate universe or something?

Hey, Mattia, I'll lend you a tenner if you are that strapped fella!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post