Bloody tyres

Mercedes confirm Valtteri Bottas' Abu Dhabi race chassis will be converted into a test mule for the 18 inch wheels for next week's test. George Russell will be driving the mule W10.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Renault tri-axis wheel sensors

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Fia website: After having tested and analysed new specification tyres for 2020, a vote for the specification of the tyres for the 2020 Season was carried out according to Article 12.6.1 of the technical regulations. The vote resulted in a unanimous decision to keep the 2019 specification tyres for the 2020 season by the Formula 1 teams.

The FIA would like to thank both Pirelli and all the teams for their work and collaboration to improve the tyres for the 2020 season and beyond. In any case, the lessons learnt will be invaluable for the further improvement of the tyres in the future.

(In layman's terms, the 2019 tyres are slightly less shit than the ones developed for the 2020 season so we dont want them)

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

You know I dont think F1 could be more ridiculous right now. They are asking teams to spend millions on designing new cars to make racing more exciting yet the one of the biggest reasons we dont see hard racing throughout the race is because the 10 cents rubber on the road (I know, shoot me) because they are garbage that require 'management' pretty much the whole race.

Honestly you cannot make this stuff up, what are these guys smoking? (Papa?)
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(10-12-2019, 05:51 PM)NeilP Wrote:  what are these guys smoking?  Papa?

Quote Mama Eating "mushrooms"    Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Pirelli under the pump ahead of F1’s crunch tyre blanket ban vote.

Pirelli still have a “few details to fine-tune” with the revised 2024 tyres before the post-British GP vote on banning tyre blankets takes place, says motorsport boss Mario Isola.

Mercedes and Ferrari were in action at the Circuit de Catalunya on Tuesday and Wednesday where George Russell, Mick Schumacher, Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc covered over 600 laps in a tyre test.

Running tyres that weren’t heated by tyre blankets, the two days of action gave Pirelli important information ahead of the proposed 2024 tyre blanket ban.

Isola says further refinements still have to be made before the next test which takes place in the days after the British Grand Prix. That will be the final run before the FIA and the teams vote on whether or not to ban tyre blankets for next season.

“These were two very important days of testing as we gathered plenty of useful information to come up with the best possible choices for next year,” Isola said.

“In terms of construction there are still just a few details to fine-tune, while during this test we began to identify a solid development base for the compounds; especially for the middle of what will be the 2024 range.

“All the running took place without using tyre blankets.

“We verified a few interesting things on track; now we move onto a complete analysis of all the data so that we head into the next test, at Silverstone after the British Grand Prix.

The FIA have already announced the vote on the blanket ban has to take place no later than 31 July.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

If they are setting up tyres to be the talking point yet again then frankly I can do without it.

Any variability is not worth the accidents and possible injuries as a result. I can't see how they think they are saving the planet by not using tyre warmers.... I mean really, where do they come up with these silly ideas.... it's pandering and it's demeaning.

There's already enough tippy toeing during the race, whether that be due to tyre saving or fuel saving... these folks seem intent on running races at the slowest average speed that they can impose.
[+] 2 users Like Westie's post

Lets replace equality with............................ equality!

Instead of playing with tyres lets have some new tyre suppliers.

Someone (probably Forza...bloody know it all) explain to me the purpose behind this move?
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post