2019 Spanish GP

For the sake of the season, I hope not. For the sake of Mercedes setting a record at the end of the season, it helps Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

It was my gut feeling from FP1 that Mercedes were hiding pace, they weren't, they were doing some bloody race sims with Lewis from the times this afternoon. They are quick here. Unless Ferrari are hiding their new PU's pace (which they can't really do that much with a new unit as you have to test them) then I have to say I expect Mercedes to walk it this weekend, and if they do I'm sorry but you kiss the season good bye. The only track Ferrari looked quickest at is Bahrain, and that might have been because they were stressing their engines and running them at unsustainable modes, hence Leclerc's issue. If Mercedes win comfortably in Spain then that's it. It'll be Hamilton or Bottas that take the WDC and the WCC is already over. We might see the odd flash of pace from RBR or Ferrari at the likes of Monza or Monaco etc. but if Mercedes do have the pace advantage they seem to have here, and it's real and it translates into a race victory and another front row lock out... it's going to be a very, very long season if you aren't a Mercedes fan.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

So whos running heavy this year Jody? Ham or Bot?

Has to be HAM again, right?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Special guest in the RBR garage this weekend

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

[Image: D6MwerXXoAAxQ7T?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: D6NnWlSWwAIBPWn?format=jpg&name=medium]

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Classic Fred: https://twitter.com/i/status/1126893409908576257

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Delta lap time:
Medium (C2) to soft (C3) : 0.8s
Hard (C1) to medium (C2) : 1.1s
Overheating on the rears on soft.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Red Bull and Honda have been forced to change Max Verstappen’s engine after it began leaking oil at the end of the first Friday practice session.

The spec 1 engine had been used for the first three races and was refitted after the Azerbaijan Grand Prix where the team had run the spec 2 model.

They had planned the refit the latter tonight but were forced to do so earlier due to the oil leak that took place at the end of FP1.

“We’ve now changed the power unit on Max’s car following the oil leak that occurred during FP1,” said Honda F1 boss Toyoharu Tanabe.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(10-05-2019, 05:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  So whos running heavy this year Jody? Ham or Bot?

Has to be HAM again, right?

Well in FP1 Hamilton spent most of the prime running time circulating on very well worn mediums, he did a few bursts on the Softs, but the pressures weren't right in the rears... and yeah, his car was very heavy in the morning session, and it looked heavy in the afternoon too. If you take their average lap time differences on the race sims, bearing in mind the Hards won't be used, and Hamilton was only 0.1 seconds a lap slower than Bottas on the Mediums Lewis finishes the Spanish GP 28.3 seconds ahead of Bottas who is 22.5 seconds ahead of Vettel, who is 7 seconds ahead of Verstappen who if 3 seconds ahead of Leclerc. Those calculations, if these race stints are as indicative as they have been all season so far, that's an absolutely monstrous gap Mercedes and Lewis in particular have. I just don't see how anyone can top that, Lewis could quite possibly, with a favorable wind lap up to Leclerc on today's pace. I think that quite frankly shows the extent of the mountain both Ferrari and RBR have to climb. If they're that far in front, and they're turning their engines down to just maintain their gap and not stress their components, which is my suspicion, we are looking at the sort of gap to the rest we had in 2015 and 16. I'm a little flabbergasted and a bit depressed. My only hope is that Bottas can maintain a title challenge throughout the season, otherwise it'll be the Lewis Hamilton show.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(10-05-2019, 06:56 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  My only hope is that Bottas can maintain a title challenge throughout the season, otherwise it'll be the Lewis Hamilton show.

I know I've been chastised in the past, but if Valterri can maintain this level right through 'til the end he has a bloody good chance. The guy is naturally fast, he showed that in the Williams too. Hamilton (IMO) is the best all round F1 driver of this generation, but he is certainly not unbeatable. Keep the pressure on VB, as it is the neutral fans only hope of some entertainment in 2019. Does VB have the race nous though? Anyone seen it yet?

Is it only me who is aching for some wet quali / races? That really sorts the contenders from the wanabees.

Sorry guys, already think Mercedes are a shoe in for WCC 6. I don’t see any other outcome unless they implode.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post