2019 Spanish GP

Those Mercs are heavy with fuel. So obviously with how they're riding the bumps. I'll be surprised if Mercedes aren't way ahead here, despite how twitchy their car looks.

Yeah, Button just confirmed or hinted at the same suspicion, the Mercs "might" be running more fuel... they absolutely are, but we don't know engine modes. However, Bottas seems more on it this weekend. Bottas needs to beat Lewis here to prove to me he can maintain a season long challenge, and Ferrari need to beat Mercedes to prove the championship isn't already over.

Nah, only half a tenth between the Merc drivers. Lewis is pretty good round here so I doubt he is going to show VB the best way round the track this early on.

That said, I always maintained VB is a great 1 lap driver. People underestimate him.

Yeah, some saying those laps early on in FP1 for Lewis were bloomin' race sims. We'll see those race sims now though, if Merc are as far ahead as Lewis' laps suggest them Merc could just be disappearing off into the distance.

Are we finally going to see Haas have a good weekend?

Impressed by Bottas, amazing what confidence can do.

Interesting to read your comments Jody.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Soft tyres average

HAM - 1:22.2
BOT - 1:22.5
VES - 1:22.7
VET - 1:23.1
LEC - 1:23.3

That's what I'm getting as an average, what will be scaring Ferrari is that Lewis did more laps on his Softs. Mercedes do seem to have a bit of an advantage here.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Not had the sound on, but the Ferrari looks an easier car to drive from the onboards. Ham and CLC are on hards now. Is anyone going to race those?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

If the track temps are high then the Hards will be a tyre to be on maybe, but I doubt they'll get that high. It'll be Softs, Mediums. This is looking like a one stop race.

Well, the last onboard from Lewis he seemed to spend most of the lap on opposite lock! Looks a handful, but as you say, probably too cold for them.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Sky guys seem to agree with Jody!

Mercedes seem set to dominate.

Bottas vs Hamilton it seems to be. I still fancy Leclerc to beat Vettel.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I think Bottas is 1:22.5 on mediums and Lewis 1:22.6 on the Hards. That's domination lads, utter domination. Merc could run off into the distance and the rest not even sniff their fumes.