Are the Ferrari drivers out of the WDC already?

heheh, what a dire sport situation, 3rd race and already, we are looking at alternate realities. Usually this is done going the final flyaways : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(21-04-2019, 09:04 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  heheh, what a dire sport situation, 3rd race and already, we are looking at alternate realities. Usually this is done going the final flyaways : P

I agree with you Hesh. Reliability is a big factor in the sport and debating the "if's and but's" of car failures after the event is a pretty futile exercise (Malaysia 2016 being the perfect example) Wink. However, team orders (and the adoption of such so early on in the season) is something the teams have complete and absolute control over. Binotto thinks backing Vettel is Ferrari's best chance of securing a title, he's the boss and the buck stops with him. I don't agree with him, but somehow I doubt he's much worried about what I think!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(21-04-2019, 09:04 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  heheh, what a dire sport situation, 3rd race and already, we are looking at alternate realities. Usually this is done going the final flyaways : P

Well I thought I would throw if not a spanner into the works a screw driver at least I mean:

Forza is sharpening his knife prior to committing Seppuku.

Papa is eating way too many flap jacks

DRicc is considering declaring war on Germany

Pennywise decided to change his name to a discount store

Morini is being nice to people.

Jody is being... well Jody!

Actually looking back it highlights Ferraris poor decision making with regards letting their drivers race. Its not a stretch to imagine Leclerc being just 8 points behind Hamilton.

Like I said I hesitated before I wrote the title to the thread because of course its not all over yet there is way too long to go to call it but it is not looking good for Ferrari or Red Bull right now. We MAY be faced with the best battles being in the midfield.

Talk of Ferraris superiority at Bahrain does not jell with what I saw. I saw Leclerc driving brilliantly and I saw Vettel screw up AGAIN despite having the better car (on the day). Hamilton drove a brilliant race to challenge Vettel who lets be honest was miles behind Leclerc.  Vettel was driving the same car as Leclerc yet a Mercedes caught and passed him.

I know nothing technically I have said that multiple times on this board all I can do is apply my own knowledge of other areas and look at facts and stats and that tells me Ferrari have if not a Mountain a very large hill to climb.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Dont feel too sorry for Seb (sorry for hijacking your thread Neil but I just read this)

Sebastian Vettel has secured more prize money than Lewis Hamilton over the course of their careers in Formula 1, research from Forbes has shown. Vettel has earned $511.9million for Toro Rosso, Red Bull and Ferrari over his career, while Hamilton comes up short by more than $60m.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/38530...oney-haul/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-04-2019, 07:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Dont feel too sorry for Seb (sorry for hijacking your thread Neil but I just read this)

Sebastian Vettel has secured more prize money than Lewis Hamilton over the course of their careers in Formula 1, research from Forbes has shown. Vettel has earned $511.9million for Toro Rosso, Red Bull and Ferrari over his career, while Hamilton comes up short by more than $60m.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/38530...oney-haul/

Vettel may well have earned more money, but its so many millions: you can only spend so much on 'stuff'. Do you think Vettel would rather have all those extra millions, or 5 (looking like 6) WDC's?

Cheer up tho forza, apparently the moustache has gone, so he will be more 'streamlined' for Baku Smile
[+] 3 users Like DRicc's post

(21-04-2019, 08:58 PM)DRicc Wrote:  Cheer up tho forza, apparently the moustache has gone, so he will be more 'streamlined' for Baku Smile

That tash didnt do him any favours...ridiculous looking, though I do wish he had of just shaved the side bits off and went for the Adolf look for a race   Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(21-04-2019, 09:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(21-04-2019, 08:58 PM)DRicc Wrote:  Cheer up tho forza, apparently the moustache has gone, so he will be more 'streamlined' for Baku Smile

That tash didnt do him any favours...ridiculous looking, though I do wish he had of just shaved the side bits off and went for the Adolf look for a race   Tongue

IMO tash's don't do anyone any favours, lol
[+] 4 users Like DRicc's post

NeilP I'm not saying everything is copacetic at Ferrari, it absolutely isn't, they've taken new control electronics for all Ferrari powered cars already. They've had to turn their engines down in Australia, and they may have had to do the same in China. So it's clear it's not going well. When you have a speed advantage and your opponents have just secured their third one two in a row!

Their aero package seems not to be working as intended on so many levels, it's losing down force in all the corners, slow, medium and high, turn in is great, but they just can't carry the speed when they get there and they have traction issues too. The rumour is their aero isn't consistent at all and is even detaching mid corner. They have a low drag concept, which is certainly helping with their top speed, but it's just not working out.

Then you have the whole team orders fiasco... I agree, had Ferrari not issued team orders I think Leclerc would be closer to Hamilton. Hell he beat Vettel in Bahrain with engine issues, which was deeply embarrassing for Seb, and Binotto. He hasn't started his tenure as team principle in glorious fashion. He's made a rod for his own back, even though over a season I agree Vettel is a better bet on the whole, making that decision during the first race, and following it up in the second and third? Mistake.

The reality is it is very bad right now, Ferrari are in a bit of a mess, no question. However, it's not terminal. We're three races into the season for God's sake, they have a solid engine and the second fastest car right now, it has its strengths, they just need to get on top of it all, but quickly, because if they don't it'll spiral out of their grasp pretty quickly because Mercedes won't stand still.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post