Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSB
Not the biggest fan of BSB but will be following Scott Redding with keen interest:

MotoGP exile Scott Redding will make his competitive Bennetts British Superbike debut at Silverstone’s national circuit this weekend and thinks it might be a case of ‘more balls than skill’.
Redding tested well at Monteblanco and Portimao with the Be Wiser Ducati team but was a little off the pace at a cold and wet Silverstone last week but says he is looking forward to getting in amongst it on the Panigale V4R.
“I’m really excited going into the first round and to compete in my first BSB races at Silverstone,” said Redding.

It’s going to be tough as the format is different as I’m not used to doing two races in a day, there’s the new tracks I’m going to have to adapt to and of course, there are the fantastic fans to race in front of.

“The shorter track at Silverstone means there’s going to be lots of action and you need more balls than skill at times. The bike is good, the team is excellent and I’m ready so let’s get this started.

“The pre-season has gone really well and I was happy with how it went; I don’t think I would have expected any more or any less.
“At Silverstone it was the first time I rode in the cooler conditions with that bike which was different for me, and I think in general we had a good feeling.

[i]I had a great reception from the fans and I can’t wait to get back there for more this weekend; we still have a lot of work to do with the new bike but I am quite comfortable and feeling good.[/i]

[i]“This weekend I want to see improvements, do my best, get stuck in and at the end of the weekend to win a race or two would be amazing. We are in a good position to be fighting for them and I am ready to get on it!”[/i]
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[-] The following 2 users Like forzaferrari's post:
  • PapaofGags, Monster Hesh
Before Race 1 on Sunday @OfficialBSB will be paying a musical tribute to The Prodigy’s Keith Flint. Keith was a former team owner and a huge motorcycle racing fan and a well-known face in the BSB paddock. A series of tracks by The Prodigy will be played in his memory at 1:30pm.
(All races shown live on Eurosport)
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
Bennetts British Superbike championship organisers have introduced a Long Lap penalty for the 2019 season which gets underway at Silverstone this weekend.
After the debut of the penalty at the Qatar MotoGP, BSB is set to adopt a similar setup for riders who gain an unfair advantage, such as overtaking under yellow flags or under safety car conditions, repeatedly exceed track limits or make an unfair overtaking manoeuvre.

The new Long Lap rule replaces the change position penalty due to the difficulties in communicating and managing the penalty in racing conditions.

Each BSB track will use a tarmac run-off area or the outside of a suitable corner. At Silverstone the outside of Luffield (Turn 6) will be used. The track will be marked with dotted yellow lines to indicate the inside line of the penalty zone with penalised riders having to go left of the line.
Riders given a Long Lap penalty must serve it within three laps of being notified and will receive a pitlane ride-through penalty if they fail to take the Long Lap route.
[-] The following 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post:
  • PapaofGags
Get in there Scottyboy, P3 and only 0.058 behind pole, great stuff

What a battle in the Supersport race, proper wheel to wheel racing from the Dubliner Jack Kennedy and N.I born Alastair Seeley...swapping places several times a lap & Seeley even out on the grass at one stage. Awesome racing.
  • PapaofGags
Playing catch up now, just watched race 1...a bit meh tbh...Scott Redding done well to hold 4th (considering the Silverstone national circuit doesnt suit the Ducati strengths) and then lucked into 3rd following the 2 McAMS boys tripping over themselves on the last lap. Again the Supersport race was fantastic (def worth a watch if you can) with a 6 bike train fighting the bit out using all the different lines & a bit of grass also, this years SS is lining up to be a real corker.
  • PapaofGags
These guys are made of different stuff, Scott Redding getting ready for this season has a silly "off" and lands himself in hospital. 37 mins of Scotty being....er... Scotty. Follow SR leading up to his fall and his recovery afterwards...nothing but respect for these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwDq_QC...e=youtu.be

Warning: some of this is graphic...not for the queasy....or when you are eating lol
  • PapaofGags
Get in there Scottyboy!!!!!

Another FP, another promising result for Scott, looking good so far, really hoping he can convert to a race win.

• PapaofGags
Yup we are also keeping an eye on him, recording race 1 to watch later. Smile
"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post:
  • forzaferrari