2019 Azerbaijan GP

I have everything possible crossed Forza, because if it is a Merc driver on the top step again... well... it'll be a grim portent for the season ahead.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(23-04-2019, 12:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari has revealed that they are to bring their first upgrade this weekend in Azerbaijan for the development of the SF90 as they try and break the Mercedes 1-2 momentum. #fingerscrossed

I have not seen that Vettel has departed the team!!! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(23-04-2019, 02:42 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(23-04-2019, 12:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari has revealed that they are to bring their first upgrade this weekend in Azerbaijan for the development of the SF90 as they try and break the Mercedes 1-2 momentum. #fingerscrossed

I have not seen that Vettel has departed the team!!! Smile

The 'tash' has departed tho, lol
[+] 3 users Like DRicc's post

I reckon the tash is worth at least a tenth of a second.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Last years Baku race is on SSF1 now. Not exatly a rewatcher though, in my opinion (though I have got it on). Apart from the last few laps maybe, it's dull as a very dull thing. I really don't get why people seem to like this race?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(23-04-2019, 07:34 PM)morini Wrote:  Last years Baku race is on SSF1 now. Not exatly a rewatcher though, in my opinion (though I have got it on). Apart from the last few laps maybe, it's dull as a very dull thing. I really don't get why people seem to like this race?

Its not so much "liking it"...more that I dont dislike it... personally I think Baku is more of a spectacle than say Oz.....now there is a dull track (sorry hesh)....I know that a spectacle dosent correlate to great racing (which we all crave) but at least we get a bit of ramming overtaking, would take that all day every day over the Oz borefest.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

It was great, Renault taking it to RedBull, the Redbull battle and finale crash. Alonso's never give up, dragging the two wheel McLaren back to the pits. Dont forget to blame Ericcson. Aswell as numerous battles.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(23-04-2019, 07:46 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Its not so much "liking it"...more that I dont dislike it... personally I think Baku is more of a spectacle than say Oz.....now there is a dull track (sorry hesh)....I know that a spectacle dosent correlate to great racing (which we all crave) but at least we get a bit of ramming overtaking, would take that all day every day over the Oz borefest.

Yeah, I guess. Hear what you are saying but it is so artificial. The RBR chaps at least are having repeated goes at each other (they haven't crashed yet), but all the overtakes are just not "my kind of overtakes". Theres no place for a 2Km straight in F1. And LM look to be trying to have more of these part time tracks.

I just don't like it. But I will agree it has thrown up some interest and spectacle over the years.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(23-04-2019, 07:49 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  It was great, Renault taking it to RedBull, the Redbull battle and finale crash. Alonso's never give up, dragging the two wheel McLaren back to the pits. Dont forget to blame Ericcson. Aswell as numerous battles.

We certainly have different criteria for what makes great racing. Max and Dan are having a go I guess, but generally they are just getting in each others way as each benefits from a mile and a half of slipstream!! I think the crash happens soon and it ends in tears.

I'll stick with my original opinion. It's not a proper race track.

This track does provide the golden ingredient (to me) for great racing: Counter overtaking! It's about being able to attack back, if overtaken on the mammoth straight, drivers can fight to regain the position into T2, along the back straight, and into T3. It's pretty much follow the leader after T3, as the racing line becomes very narrow, and its not open again until after the right hand kink onto the main straight.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post