Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Masters
Not a huge golf fan, but I do like "The Masters" as Augusta is pretty spectacular to look at. 

<grandpa simpson mode>
I remember when I was working in a little place west of Galway in 1991 (Carreroe) when Woosie was leading The Masters into the last day. I was holed up in a hotel (the Conemmara Coast, nice place) in bar up to my gills in Guiness and "rum & black" cheering Woosie on. I was the only Welsh person within 200 miles, but  once they knew there was a Welshman in the place everyone in the bar was cheering for Woosie too! It was a moment which sticks in my memory and probably the reason I love the Irish folk so much. Worked out there for 14 months and had a great craic the whole time!! Great place and even greater people.

Memories Wink some of my best ones of my life in those months. 
</grandpa simpson mode>

I would happily retire in the Galway area if the weather wasn't so grim!
[-] The following 3 users Like morini's post:
  • Monster Hesh, PapaofGags, forzaferrari
During my "gambling" phase, I spent alot of 10ps on golf accumulators, none of the 54367423/1's won.....but vaguely paid attention to the sport, golf is the perfect sport to relax to. I enjoy having the BBC coverage on as I'm falling to sleep. The Masters, I do end up following much more closely, and by the end, I'm usually really engrossed. So looking forward to chilling out to it this weekend.
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
(12-04-2019, 07:16 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: During my "gambling" phase, I spent alot of 10ps on golf accumulators, none of the 54367423/1's won.....but vaguely paid attention to the sport, golf is the perfect sport to relax to. I enjoy having the BBC coverage on as I'm falling to sleep. The Masters, I do end up following much more closely, and by the end, I'm usually really engrossed. So looking forward to chilling out to it this weekend.

I always watch the last 9 on a Sunday. Not least cos it reminds me of my time out in Galway in my younger years. Augusta is a special course, they look after it so well and it really translates to a good TV experience.

I'm not a gambler though. One vice that never got hold of me (thank f*ck). I'd be living in a cardboard box if it had!
[-] The following 1 user Likes morini's post:
  • Monster Hesh
Was hoping Poulter would be in it at the end, but it wasn't to be. Tiger Woods comes back like a phoenix to take his 5th Masters some 22 years after his first. That is quite impressive, even for a non golf fan.
  • Monster Hesh
well I completely missed majority of the masters, I was hoping Id be able to watch it as im going to sleep. went to look for it last night, was all good and over. Really was a hell of a come back. I'd written him off when he returned a year ago, then BAM, he goes and does this. Great sporting story.
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
(15-04-2019, 07:28 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: well I completely missed majority of the masters, I was hoping Id be able to watch it as im going to sleep. went to look for it last night, was all good and over. Really was a hell of a come back. I'd written him off when he returned a year ago, then BAM, he goes and does this. Great sporting story.

Yeah, they brought it forward because of a big storm. Weird watching the final round of the Masters in the afternoon rather than a Sunday evening, but I did watch it. I wouldn't bet against him bettering Nicklaus 18 major record if he can still play like that. In fairness Molinari choked big time.
  • Monster Hesh
(15-04-2019, 07:33 PM)morini Wrote:
(15-04-2019, 07:28 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: well I completely missed majority of the masters, I was hoping Id be able to watch it as im going to sleep. went to look for it last night, was all good and over. Really was a hell of a come back. I'd written him off when he returned a year ago, then BAM, he goes and does this. Great sporting story.

Yeah, they brought it forward because of a big storm. 

Now that for me would have been much more entertaining......after an Iron shot the player was struck bu lightning reducing him to dust.......especially Patrick Reed....that guy is just a wanker..

It was great viewing all week-end and I missed the some motor sport stuff to watch.....go on tigger.
[-] The following 2 users Like pennywise's post:
  • morini, Monster Hesh