Alfa Romeo back on the grid in 2018?

Alfa Romeo has formally confirmed that Antonio Giovinazzi will stay at the team for a second Formula 1 season alongside Kimi Raikkonen in 2020.

"Antonio has done really well this year and I am extremely pleased to be able to confirm he will stay with Alfa Romeo Racing for 2020," said team boss Fred Vasseur.

"The way he has integrated into the team and has consistently improved throughout his first full season in the sport are very promising and we cannot wait to unlock his full potential as we continue this journey together.

"Antonio has emerged as a very quick driver, even alongside as tough a benchmark as Kimi, and we expect him to develop even further as his experience grows. His technical feedback, work ethics and positive approach will help us continue to push our team forward."

So looks like Nico's toast.   Nothingtosay

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Motorsport-Magazin: Alfa Romeo's first 2020 chassis was completely destroyed during the FIA dynamic frontal crash test. Alfa has to work hard on chassis no. 2 and at the same time needs to optimize the design.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Robert Kubica will join the Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team as a reserve driver for 2020, with his backer PKN Orlen coming on board as a "co-title sponsor".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alfa-...e/4617950/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(01-01-2020, 03:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Robert Kubica will join the Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team as a reserve driver for 2020, with his backer PKN Orlen coming on board as a "co-title sponsor".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alfa-...e/4617950/

It will give Kimi someone go on the piss with.....   Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Sauber is set to extend its Formula 1 partnership with Ferrari through to 2025, ending suggestions of a switch to Renault support, Motorsport.com has learned.

The existing deal between Sauber and Ferrari is due to expire at the end of this year, leading to suggestions the Swiss outfit could be a potential option for Renault as a new customer team.

But Motorsport.com understands that a deal has been agreed between Sauber and Ferrari for a new engine supply deal from 2022 to 2025.

Although the agreement is yet to have been signed, plans are already in place for a continuation of the partnership. 

The design of the 2022 Sauber chassis has commenced accounting for the dimensions of a Ferrari power unit and gearbox, pointing to an extension of the current agreement.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(20-01-2021, 03:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Sauber is set to extend its Formula 1 partnership with Ferrari through to 2025

Poor b@st@rds......have they not suffered enough of late?  Tongue

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Alfa Romeo has extended its relationship with the Sauber Formula 1 team in a multi-year deal that is believed to run to the end of 2024.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Alfa Romeo F1 Team announces that James Key will join the team as its Technical Director, starting on September 1st, 2023.

https://www.sauber-group.com/motorsport/...-director/

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Was he not seen as the next to next "Best Thing" when at Toro Rosso?

Quite a fall if you ask me.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(07-06-2023, 02:11 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Was he not seen as the next to next "Best Thing" when at Toro Rosso?

Quite a fall if you ask me.

He was (is?) held in high regard. McLaren went after him very aggressively after all. Sometimes things don't work out I guess?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post