Cannot see it personally!! Way too much ego there for both, best line up ever though now there is a question, I have to say Senna/Prost not the most harmonious mind!!!! hahaha
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(13-04-2018, 05:32 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  If it does happen, when was the last time a team had the two of the arguably best drivers on the grid? 

Is this not what Williams where going for with the line up this year? Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

LotusLover is spot on. Last time F1 had a line up like that it was Prost and Senna, no question. However, arguably Vettel and Hamilton would be better. Do I think it'll happen? No. However, maybe Vettel and Hamilton both want to prove who is better in the same car. Still think Lewis will sign for Mercedes, but the prospect of Lewis vs Seb in a rejuvenated Ferrari going head to head would be fascinating and potentially scintillating.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-04-2018, 12:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(11-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(13-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  LotusLover is spot on. Last time F1 had a line up like that it was Prost and Senna

Not quite, in my opinion Jody, "the last time" F1 had a lineup like that,  was Fernando and Lewis, and I'd say even more toxic that Prost v Senna Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

If it does happen (personally I think it's normal mid season "slow news day" media bullshit) then Vettel will be somewhere else for sure. Me, being a traditionalist, I would so love to see another British F1 great winning in a red car. And that's despite the fact I have always had nagging problems with Ferrari and their sporting ethics through the years. I make no excuses that I am not a Ferrari fan, but Hamilton winning a title in Red before he retires would be a very special thing. Mansell never looked quite right in red overalls, but they still wanted him because he could deliver.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(13-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  the prospect of Lewis vs Seb in a rejuvenated Ferrari going head to head would be fascinating and potentially scintillating.

I'm not sure it would be that scintillating to be honest. Daniel Ricciardo showed Vettel isn't actually that special. He's a bit "buttonesque" - excellent on his day, in a car that is on rails and suits his driving style, but throw in a few variables and the cracks start to show.

It's only my opinion, and I don't hide it so don't hold it against me :-) But I don't rate the guy amongst the very best because he's not the complete article.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(13-04-2018, 07:26 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 12:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(11-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(13-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  LotusLover is spot on. Last time F1 had a line up like that it was Prost and Senna

Not quite, in my opinion Jody, "the last time" F1 had a lineup like that,  was Fernando and Lewis, and I'd say even more toxic that Prost v Senna Smile
No way!! Lewis was a rookie those two were the main drivers in the paddock. IMO of course

(13-04-2018, 08:22 PM)morini Wrote:  
(13-04-2018, 05:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  the prospect of Lewis vs Seb in a rejuvenated Ferrari going head to head would be fascinating and potentially scintillating.

I'm not sure it would be that scintillating to be honest. Daniel Ricciardo showed Vettel isn't actually that special. He's a bit "buttonesque" - excellent on his day, in a car that is on rails and suits his driving style, but throw in a few variables and the cracks start to show.

It's only my opinion, and I don't hide it so don't hold it against me :-) But I don't rate the guy amongst the very best because he's not the complete article.

Very harsh On Seb the guy was a talent in the Torro Rosso in 2007. Love him or hate him the guy delivers that season in RB was a downhearted Seb on his day he will race with anyone and beat them. But as a Lewis fan I think you would no go easy on Seb, can't blame you there its the great rivalry of this decade to be honest, and currently Seb is lording it, wonder if Lewis will be looking at Ferrari eagerly if they continue in their fine form doubt Seb will have him their though, I think Seb also is a good fit for Ferrari whereas Lewis I cannot see him in Red personally. Never know though
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-s...-approach/

"Daniel Riccardo has revealed he has still had no contact from Mercedes or Ferrari about joining them from next season.
Ricciardo reminded potential suitors of his talents with a wonderful overtaking display in China."

This surprises me, I'd have thought both teams would want him next year, maybe they wanted to see how he matched up against Max, its going well, Haha.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-04-2018, 05:43 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  This surprises me,

just had a quick look to see who was managing him, found this: "2015 Daniel . . . . says he doesn't need a manager" perhaps he does then, but hey, while I rate Sainz, I'll be happy to have him with us, will get on the blower Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

If he's not had some contact I'd be surprised. If he hadn't got a manager then he's an idiot.

And sure enough he is 'managed' by the largest sports agency in Australia, The Sports Group. They'll have had contact from both Ferrari and Mercedes.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post