Morini, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Hamilton for the first time ever has come out and spoken exceedingly bullishly about what he wants to do in Melbourne. He's normally more reserved. Something tells me he, and Mercedes, think they've got a dominant car again. If so I expect a contract to be signed ASAP, maybe tacking him up to or into the new regs. Whereby he'll assess the lay of the land again and make the perfect choice for his career. Maybe Mercedes, maybe not.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Ferrari- Seb/Leclerc
Mercedes- Ric/Alonso
Red Bull-Verstappen / Gasley
Mclaren- Vandoorne/ Norris
Renault-Sainz/Magnussen
Williams-Kubica/
Sauber Lewis Smile/Ericsson
Force India Perez/Ocon
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(10-04-2018, 11:01 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Ferrari- Seb/Leclerc
Mercedes- Ric/Alonso
Red Bull-Verstappen / Gasley
Mclaren- Vandoorne/ Norris
Renault-Sainz/Magnussen
Williams-Kubica/
Sauber  Lewis Smile/Ericsson
Force India Perez/Ocon

Bit confused by this post. Probably made in jest, but rather hard to tell. Why would the top three teams all forsake the best currently available driver while he's in his prime form? The teams  are all well managed businesses, so I can't see it happening. Besides, if there were no seat someone like Hamilton would retire rather than drive for Sauber I think. He doesn't have much else to prove.

Or is this about personal dislike, maybe?

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.

Professor

I think we all knew this was jest with the Sauber no??
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

I think the longer the no Mercedes contract thing goes on, the more likely it comes that Hamilton is off to Ferrari. At the end of last season we heard Mercedes had agreed to all his demands, and offered to make him clearly the best paid driver in F1. So I really doubt the sticking point here is money.

Hi Jody, I was wondering if you have heard this, I seem to remember reading lots of stories/gossip that a Gentleman's agreement between Lewis & Toto that neither would talk to other teams/drivers was made, an agreement had been made on a new contract, then in the BBC gossip I read that Mercedes had been in contact with Sebastian & Max obviously breaking their word, I have since read that Lewis has "demanded" more money, now all of this has been read online so its very possible its all bollocks, maybe I'm completely wrong & he will resign with Mercedes but if there is smoke normally there is fire, I'm hoping he sign's for Ferrari, mostly so I can have a wry smile at Forza & PB lol. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

So joy's April fools wasn't a joke : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Turns out it might not be as big an April Fool as I thought. A few people are saying Lewis might very well be off to Ferrari, seems he might have now been offered contracts by both Mercedes and Ferrari.

(13-04-2018, 03:13 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi Jody, I was wondering if you have heard this, I seem to remember reading lots of stories/gossip that a Gentleman's  agreement between Lewis & Toto that neither would talk to other teams/drivers was made, an agreement had been made on a new contract, then in the BBC gossip I read that Mercedes had been in contact with Sebastian & Max obviously breaking their word, I have since read that Lewis has "demanded" more money, now all of this has been read online so its very possible its all bollocks, maybe I'm completely wrong & he will resign with Mercedes but if there is smoke normally there is fire, I'm hoping he sign's for Ferrari, mostly so I can have a wry smile at Forza & PB lol.  Wink

"& he will resign with Mercedes but if there is smoke normally there is fire, I'm hoping he sign's for Ferrari, mostly so I can have a wry smile at Forza & PB lol. "

.... I told you last time this surfaced, I shot off an email to old Franky boy in the Vatican and he assured me it would never happen.... I just hope he wasnt blitzed on the communion wine when he replied Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

If it does happen, when was the last time a team had the two of the arguably best drivers on the grid? 9 world titles between them, That is a mega.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post