The Benevolent Dictatorship of (Insert Name Here)

(20-11-2017, 10:45 PM)morini Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 10:34 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I don't mind not understanding things fully

I wish you'd understand how to trim posts!

Wink

Snipping's not all about vasectomies you know?

been trying it a few times mate, when I hit the quote button I just don't see anything happening, again, if you could spell it out for me I'd be glad to, I have been trying - or is a quick/ new reply a better way to do it? sorry for being thick, haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

@fog

When you click the quote button (you can click quote on multiple posts simultaneously if you want) you will see in the quick reply box a blue link "include quoted posts", clicking that will copy those posts into the quick reply window. From there you can edit / trim the text to your hearts content. What I normally do is leave the first and last "quote" tags in place and remove the bits in between I don't want to repeat. Might seem clunky, but it's pretty easy and does make the thread less cluttered.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

When you click the quote button - did that do it - just a test - ahh I see - cheers bud Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

Does this mean the end of reading 14 posts to find out what you where saying fog? Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post
Photo 

@fog

Leave the first and last quote tags, like this. Your quote will then be in a box ad attributed to who you are referring to.

ok I titled this a "dictatorship" but while we may disagree on some points is the consensus

1) bring back testing
2) no Halo
3) no grid penalties for drivers - only teams
4) Minimum 2 pit stops (however you do it)
4) 5 engines not 3
5) active suspension
6) free up aero regs

I think that's it

and again I think we can all agree on Eddie Jordan for FIA president - haha -

did I do it right this time Smile

[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

I can sum that up fairly quick: bring back 2006 and I'm happy :-)

No seriously:
Remove ridiculous front wings, just simple 2 plate elements with active suspension and ground effect.
Remove sharkfins
Nuke the halo (twice, just to make sure)
While we are at it: nuke MGU-H as well (3 times)
V6 is fine, but then a twin-turbo without fuel restrictions please. Also 10 engine limit per season.
Tyres are still too small, so we need wider ones.
2-3 tyre manufacturers
Refueling
Remove Monaco from the calendar and make sure that it never returns again.
[+] 3 users Like ReneSpeksnijder's post

Hi,  Smile

My tuppence worth 

Just take off the flip flop, period.

1. Share money more equally.
2. Remove or redesign front wing so cars can follow/race each other.
3. Ban blue flags, I used to enjoy watching drivers have to force their way past back markers, Senna was the master at this, move or your going to be given the choice to crash or not, during the season/s some drivers would be less helpful than others so some would move over others not, made for fireworks & got everyone's adrenaline up, fun days.
4. Bring back gravel traps, punish the drivers for making a mistake.
5. Papa should be allowed in FP1 in a car of his choice at every event.   

Also 

1. No refueling, remember the procession races it produced?
2. No tyre wars, it was ok if your team/driver was on the right tyre but painful if on the inferior one.

My own view, you don't have to agree lol.  Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(20-11-2017, 11:39 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  ok I titled this a "dictatorship" but while we may disagree on some points is the consensus

1) bring back testing
2) no Halo
3) no grid penalties for drivers - only teams
4) Minimum 2 pit stops (however you do it)
4) 5 engines not 3
5) active suspension
6) free up aero regs

I think that's it

and again I think we can all agree on Eddie Jordan for FIA president - haha -

did I do it right this time Smile

I approve of the halo personally.  it's a step on the way not the final solution but just wait till a driver gets killed or maimed from doing 300kph 2 feet off the ground, with 1.5mm or whatever of flimsy visor between him and all kinds of debris or a car head-on.

a lot of nonsense gets talked about how it wouldn't have saved Henry Surtees or Justin Wilson or Jules Bianchi or Dan Wheldon but there are good reasons to think it would or could, it's just wishing really to pretend it's not there for a reason.  Think how close Schumi was to getting a front wing in his face in Abu Dhabi and there've been some other near misses too.

just one example of how my dictatorship would be better than a committee Smile
[+] 2 users Like Chloe17b's post

(21-11-2017, 02:09 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  I approve of the halo personally.  it's a step on the way not the final solution but just wait till a driver gets killed or maimed from doing 300kph 2 feet off the ground, with 1.5mm or whatever of flimsy visor between him and all kinds of debris or a car head-on.

a lot of nonsense gets talked about how it wouldn't have saved Henry Surtees or Justin Wilson or Jules Bianchi or Dan Wheldon but there are good reasons to think it would or could, it's just wishing really to pretend it's not there for a reason.  Think how close Schumi was to getting a front wing in his face in Abu Dhabi and there've been some other near misses too.

just one example of how my dictatorship would be better than a committee Smile

I'm with you on that Chloe, it's easy to say it's ugly and doesn't belong on an F1 car, but my reply is always - well if it increases safety and doesn't hinder the racing - what's the problem?

People probably thought the same about full-face helmets in the 60s - maybe one or two of our members remember it first-hand??  Big Grin

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post