The Benevolent Dictatorship of (Insert Name Here)

As you're not buying my skydiving analogy, how about a motorcycle(y) analogy? Biking on the road is a dangerous activity, we should all agree on that. Actually, statistically far more dangerous than driving a F1 car in the modern era. However, it is also an extreme and highly enjoyable activity. Most bikers are acutely aware of the risks yet they still chose to ride because it's fun / thrilling / insert adjective here. What FIA are doing to F1 cars is like telling a biker there's a new law and they have to get their weekend kicks on this :-

Leave F1 cars the hell alone. They aren't meant to be enclosed.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(21-11-2017, 09:45 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  His helmet hit the rear angled counterweight of the crane.  there's a video but i'm picking up you'd rather not have a link?  And no as we've said it was one of a number of accidents and near misses.   and it was very upsetting wasn't it, and still is.

Yes, it was upsetting. I don't really want to watch Jules accident in detail as part of an argument about safety in F1. But in the same breath I'm not pro changing the "spirit" of single seater racing just because the FIA "need to be seen to do something". Improve track safety, yes no problem with that. Improve safety process (not letting cars speed in the wet like the scenario of JB crash), yes no problem with that. Change the open cockpit nature of F1, sorry I do have a problem with that.

OK so like any Benevolent Dictator - I have listened to the minnions and have made my decision

FIA President - Eddie Jordan

Free Up Aero regs but with a redesigned / designated front wing to allow better following

no shark fin
5 engines
No Blue Flags
Points For Quali
Bring Back Testing
2 Points for fastest lap - I’ll go with that Jody Smile
Active Suspension
Penalties For Teams - not drivers for component failures
Tyre wars are back - sorry for those that disagree but tough Smile
Also - again having watched other extreme sports vid again the Halo is out 
A zero tolerance policy on exceeding track limits

Papaofgags, Morini, Forza, Chloe, Jody, JB, Rene, our newest contributor and of course myself and Ian, Antilochos, and the professor are all allowed a go in FP1 at any track of our choosing Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(21-11-2017, 09:48 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  what happened to my post I just posted?

I found this post was soft deleted (looked like you deleted it yourself), so I restored it.

(21-11-2017, 11:18 PM)morini Wrote:  
(21-11-2017, 09:48 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  what happened to my post I just posted?

I found this post was soft deleted (looked like you deleted it yourself), so I restored it.

oh leave it deleted please morini