Favourite race(s) ever?

(20-11-2017, 07:45 PM)morini Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 07:30 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  Howdy m8 ...hows tricks? .....are you on your travels or feet tucked up at the fire with a nice beer?

Hi mate. I'm an IT contractor and work away in the week so am in my usual home from home hotel. Hate Mondays as the commute is hell, was particularly bad this morning as some muppet crashed his van on the M4 near Swindon. Added and hour and a half to my trip. Grrr, no consideration for others.

Was it the usual white van man can go faster in all 3 lanes kinda muppet?   hate those guys...Hard job m8 with all the travelling...I forget how lucky I am with the 9-5 job in the same building...but some of the Dr's and Consultants do my nut in with their God Syndrome....although I get a huge kick outa telling them God created .....Jesus healed....They don't like it.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(20-11-2017, 07:44 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 07:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Are you referring to the 96 race where GF finished 3rd behind the 2 Ferrari`s?

I think you were asking me there, but no, I remember a race, where, Fissichella went through a cloud of smoke after a crash just before the finish - to steal the win for Jordan - if not that's one very vivid dream I had, haha - but you'll have to admit, that anytime Jordan won a race, it was exceptionally entertaining such as the Brazil one where Rubens retired from the race while leading - felt for him, at the time, that is until the Jordan crossed the line - Smile

I cant recall that one, where you heavily medicated or intoxicated at the time ?  Big Grin (or perhaps I was)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(20-11-2017, 08:04 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 07:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Are you referring to the 96 race where GF finished 3rd behind the 2 Ferrari`s?

I think you were asking me there, but no, I remember a race, where, Fissichella went through a cloud of smoke after a crash just before the finish - to steal the win for Jordan - if not that's one very vivid dream I had, haha - but you'll have to admit, that anytime Jordan won a race, it was exceptionally entertaining such as the Brazil one where Rubens retired from the race while leading - felt for him, at the time, that is until the Jordan crossed the line - Smile

I cant recall that one, where you heavily medicated or intoxicated at the time ?  Big Grin (or perhaps I was)

I think it was the 2002 Brazilian race when a red flag stopped the race and after stewards investigation Fizzy was given the win.....and coming through the last corner he passed Papofgags in his deckchair who was there at the time lighting his pipe....this will explain the large ploom of smoke he encountered at turn 16
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

Good man Ian, I knew I could rely on you to sort this conundrum Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-11-2017, 08:11 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  

I think it was the 2002 Brazilian race when a red flag stopped the race and after stewards investigation Fizzy was given the win.....and coming through the last corner he passed Papofgags in his deckchair who was there at the time lighting his pipe....this will explain the large ploom of smoke he encountered at turn 16
Just checked, Schumi is credited with that win - must've been a dream - maybe that's why I was so happy, haha - can't find a win anywhere for Fizzy in a jordan - maybe it was Frentzen then Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

(20-11-2017, 08:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

Just checked, Schumi is credited with that win - must've been a dream - maybe that's why I was so happy, haha - can't find a win anywhere for Fizzy in a jordan - maybe it was Frentzen then Smile

So you where heavily intoxicated or medicated then Wink

(20-11-2017, 08:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 07:44 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I think you were asking me there, but no, I remember a race, where, Fissichella went through a cloud of smoke after a crash just before the finish - to steal the win for Jordan - if not that's one very vivid dream I had, haha - but you'll have to admit, that anytime Jordan won a race, it was exceptionally entertaining such as the Brazil one where Rubens retired from the race while leading - felt for him, at the time, that is until the Jordan crossed the line - Smile
Was it not in the renault ? after Alonso had left...when they recounted who was leading on the lap previos to the cras and Fis got the shout?

Fisichella won three races in his Formula One career, the first of which was at the chaotic 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix, a race abandoned for safety reasons with 15 laps remaining. After several days of confusion regarding rules and technicalities, Fisichella was eventually declared the winner in the following week, and collected his trophy in an unofficial ceremony at the following race

There I think it is this one Fog.

I should use google more often than my own brain....one is superior...the other just thinks it is !
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(20-11-2017, 08:48 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 08:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-11-2017, 08:04 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Was it not in the renault ? after Alonso had left...when they recounted who was leading on the lap previos to the cras and Fis got the shout?

Fisichella won three races in his Formula One career, the first of which was at the chaotic 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix, a race abandoned for safety reasons with 15 laps remaining. After several days of confusion regarding rules and technicalities, Fisichella was eventually declared the winner in the following week, and collected his trophy in an unofficial ceremony at the following race

There I think it is this one Fog.

I should use google more often than my own brain....one is superior...the other just thinks it is !

Ahh, brilliant mate, I was confusing my happiness, with Jordan wins over, Endstone wins, but thanks - I knew I didn't dream that, haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

Thing is memory is not a strong point for me. Wink

There are so many, here's three I especially enjoyed.

1. Mansell hunting down Piquet at Silverstone 1987

2. Senna Donnington 1993

3. Villeneuve and Arnoux 1979

4. Any race Lewis wins Tongue

Much fun. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post