2019 cars revealed

Yep, its a great tone of yellow, even more vibrant with the black. It's just un-inspirational, lack lustre, with the tech available to paint application now, liveries should be awe-inspiring. Guess they have to save cost somewhere...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

*Got too excited and posted in the testing thread. Moved to here.*
[Image: DzRwVcQXQAA5rK9.jpg]

[Image: DzRwUiQX4AADsyc.jpg]

[Image: DzRwVAJWkAA1vh5.jpg]

You're not wrong Jody. There is a huge amount of floor space, crash structure a completely different entity to the side pods. Very complex bargebaord arrangement has been noted. Nose scoop vanes, usual rake profile, one presumes at a glance. Lower T-wing in full effect. 

Alot of detail on these renders. Shame it seems the camo will be for testing only, which probably means, like you said Jody, they will have something else to hide. I do like the Merc tri-shape pattern on the engine cover, though it's a shame the abstract cyan lines have gone from the livery.

[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hmm, the angled head on shot shows there seems to be a double pinch or an increase in the attack of tightening around the rear of the car that's fairly reminiscent of RBR's evolution last year. It is a very slim package that's for sure and there's more detail under the nose than the other cars we've seen so far... and hopefully people can see the car has rake. Allison has claimed it's an evolution of the W09, and to an extent I guess it is (aren't they always) but this looks like a much bigger step than the W08 to W09 to me, even with the aero regs permitting.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

I can't get a proper look as I'm on client site, only have a small phone screen. Have to wait until this evening to have a proper look.

I assume Merc haven't tinkered with the wheelbase much? They seem to believe in a longer / stability driven approach.

And it looks pretty lacking in rake (in the pictures above anyway).
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

When the rake is compared to the others we have seen so far, especially Renault and Toro Rosso, yes, it is lacking rake. It's no surprise as its been so successful for them. As for base length, I'll wait for someone who can be bothered to get their scaling rule out xD

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I'm on the wheelbase thing with my design tools Morini and I think it's looking pretty much the same as last year, the car might actually be "longer" though due to the new rearwing, not entirely sure. But axel to axel looks the same to me.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: DzSIMyGXgAE0dCW.jpg]

[Image: DzSMV02W0AAv-A6.jpg]

*RBR have confirmed this is only a one-off livery

[Image: red-bull-racing-rb15-livery-1.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-02-2019, 01:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  *RBR have confirmed this is only a one-off livery
Quite like it myself. Mercedes is the usual boring plain approach and there's not really much Ferrari can do if they want to stick with tradition. Nice to have a brash in your face paint job.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(13-02-2019, 01:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
*RBR have confirmed this is only a one-off livery

Good lol  Laughing 

Bet/hoping the car is better than this paint job... Winkblink

Morini, take a look at the Moto GP thread, the KTM Red Bull Tec 3 bikes look amazing.    Cool

Quote Morini, "Mercedes is the usual boring plain approach"

Should be British racing green eh mate?    Tongue    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(13-02-2019, 01:46 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Quote Morini, "Mercedes is the usual boring plain approach"

Should be British racing green eh mate?    Tongue    Laughing

Yep, why not? BRG for a British race team. Works for me!

[Edit]
Yeah I saw the MGP livery on my phone newsfeed. Problem for me is motorbikes should only ever be one of two colours

1. Black - as in completely black
2. Kwak green
[+] 2 users Like morini's post