Abu Dhabi predictions thread

I’d be down for your dream scenario Rene, but I fear your more ‘realistic’ prediction is most likely spot on... the question will be how big a gap can Lewis pull at the front with that engine? I would really like to see that.

(23-11-2017, 02:31 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I’d be down for your dream scenario Rene, but I fear your more ‘realistic’ prediction is most likely spot on... the question will be how big a gap can Lewis pull at the front with that engine? I would really like to see that.

Scary big probably.. Oh well, it's the last one, so I can't really be bothered to be honest :-)
[+] 1 user Likes ReneSpeksnijder's post

(23-11-2017, 03:22 PM)ReneSpeksnijder Wrote:  Scary big probably.. Oh well, it's the last one, so I can't really be bothered to be honest :-)

Yep, I fear you are right, the rev trace from Brazil showed it using less revs than Bottas’ In the sister Merc, yet clearly producing way better acceleration and top speed... it was pretty ominous to be honest.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(23-11-2017, 03:32 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yep, I fear you are right, the rev trace from Brazil showed it using less revs than Bottas’ In the sister Merc, yet clearly producing way better acceleration and top speed... it was pretty ominous to be honest.

Have Hamilton's new bits got new developments then Jody? I thought it would just new components rather than developed components.

Morini it was supposedly the next stage development engine in his car. So we’ll see it potentially unleashed for the first time tomorrow in qualifying. It’s supposedly the much vaunted 50% efficiency engine if you believe the paddock gossip, given the Rev traces, acceleration etc. It was a step up on the Merc engines used throughout the rest of the season. My personal guess is that yes, Mercedes gave their what is it now? Mk.vi hybrid engine a run out. If we see Lewis storm to pole with a gap, and then break away off the front we’ll have our first indication of just how potent ?Mercedes will be next year. This seasons engines were supposedly a small step change on their previous engines, next year they’re rumoured to be pushing for bigger gains yet again.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post