Abu Dhabi predictions thread

(19-11-2017, 10:03 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Nico is in the all time list of top wins and quali's - think he's like 8th or something  Smile

<Hmmm..., I whiff smelly bait>

Nope, not in the top 10 for wins - only has 23.
8th in list of polesitters (and a pretty low conversion rate of 14.56% too)
Oh, and all his wins and poles are for a single team. The true greats do it for more than one team.

No comparison really. In ability or stats.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Donuts anyone?
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/videos/red...s-in-style

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(19-11-2017, 10:13 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  Hmmmm...

Lots of slow corners = Red Bull & Ferrari
Sea level = merc
2 decent straights = Lewis' SeriesV engine (even sounds mean doesn't it)
some big traction events = Red Bull?

my mind is open Smile

We shall see. Like Fog says, perhaps Lewis will smack it into the wall in Q1. Other than that I don't see Ferrari or RB winning this one.

3 a piece for Lewis and Seb (RB), Ferrari have never won, surely the racing gods will feel sorry for us tifosi Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-11-2017, 10:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Donuts anyone?

awesome dude - cheers

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

S1 and S2 just suit Mercedes philosophy to a tee. S1 fast corners and short bursts of acceleration. S2 straights with heavy breaking and the Merc MGU-K helps them massively in heavy breaking zones. S3 is slow and fiddly, but also has corners that with these cars (like Brazil) might now be faster corners, still S3 will lean Ferrari and then RBR, ambient track temps from past years also place it in Merc’s Wheel arch... so difficult to look past Lewis, unless he bins it. We also might get a glimpse of just how mighty that new Merc engine is... and remember... there’s less ‘oil burn’ on it too. It’s scary. Been watching the Rev trace from Brazil... it was running for most of the race at lower revs than Bottas... if you’re the other guys you probably had a whiskey or three after that.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(19-11-2017, 10:19 PM)morini Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 10:03 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Nico is in the all time list of top wins and quali's - think he's like 8th or something  Smile

<Hmmm..., I whiff smelly bait>

Nope, not in the top 10 for wins - only has 23.
8th in list of polesitters (and a pretty low conversion rate of 14.56% too)
Oh, and all his wins and poles are for a single team. The true greats do it for more than one team.

No comparison really. In ability or stats.
no worries bud, wasn't meant as bait, but yeah I think it was Quali's I must've seen on that one - still when doing stats, I think Piquet, is the only driver to have won the WDC - twice, while the team lost the WCC, so clearly he's the best ever - haha - sorry bud, like I said, wasn't bait Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(19-11-2017, 10:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Donuts anyone?

Cool as......   Wink
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-11-2017, 10:28 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  S1 and S2 just suit Mercedes philosophy to a tee. S1 fast corners and short bursts of acceleration. S2 straights with heavy breaking and the Merc MGU-K helps them massively in heavy breaking zones. S3 is slow and fiddly, but also has corners that with these cars (like Brazil) might now be faster corners, still S3 will lean Ferrari and then RBR, ambient track temps from past years also place it in Merc’s Wheel arch... so difficult to look past Lewis, unless he bins it. We also might get a glimpse of just how mighty that new Merc engine is... and remember... there’s less ‘oil burn’ on it too. It’s scary. Been watching the Rev trace from Brazil... it was running for most of the race at lower revs than Bottas... if you’re the other guys you probably had a whiskey or three after that.

Plus SF are pushing it at the end of life for a lot of components where Lewis stocked up in the pit lane at Brazil. Mercedes won't want to lose the last race of the season, I can't see past a Merc / Lewis win (barring disasters).

Anyway, going to have to call it a night now peeps as I have a very early start in the morning. Catch you all tomorrow.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Okay, not what I think will happen, but it would be nice when it did:
Hamilton trains on pole position, Vettel 2nd, Kimi 3rd, Bottas 4th.
Since it is the last race and all of them need to show who can p@ss farthest it happens that Vettel takes out Hamilton in the 1st corner, both DNF. Kimi is like a magnet for Bottas anyway, and Bottas is still ashamed of the way he let Vettel go in Brasil, so he does not give up and parks his car into Kimi, both DNF as well.
Both RBR's blow their anchor, since they did not downtune (as they were told by Cyril) and DNF.
In the end Massa wins, caused by luck with 2 safety cars and good timed pitstops.

Now seriously:
Hamilton
Vettel
Bottas

RBR does not finish
Renault finishes in front of Haas, double points.
Alonso finishes 5th
[+] 1 user Likes ReneSpeksnijder's post