Pietro Fittipaldi eyeing up F1

that would be great, we need Brazil represented on the grid, lets just hope he's not another Piquet Junior, not so great when they don't measure up, to their great names.

also not sure how Mick Schumachers chances of getting there are, but would be awesome to have both those names back on the grid, that is if they can perform - again anything from those in the know would be great  Wink

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

(19-11-2017, 06:55 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  that would be great, we need Brazil represented on the grid, lets just hope he's not another Piquet Junior, not so great when they don't measure up, to their great names.

also not sure how Mick Schumachers chances of getting there are, but would be awesome to have both those names back on the grid, that is if they can perform - again anything from those in the know would be great  Wink

i saw this and thought 'oh another son-of' .  i always think they have a much easier job so i'm a bit biased against them, compared to the others who have to start from scratch.  I have no idea how quick he is tho
[+] 2 users Like Chloe17b's post

(19-11-2017, 08:32 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 06:55 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  that would be great, we need Brazil represented on the grid, lets just hope he's not another Piquet Junior, not so great when they don't measure up, to their great names.

i saw this and thought 'oh another son-of' .  i always think they have a much easier job so i'm a bit biased against them, compared to the others who have to start from scratch.  I have no idea how quick he is tho

I thought exactly the same. But if he's good I'll have no gripes.

(19-11-2017, 08:32 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  

My opinion, much like the paid driver thing is, if they perform then I have no problem, Damon Hill, and Nico both did well, Nico being the only son to be WDC, while the father was sill alive, so I totally get his reasons for saying "thanks I did it and goodbye", best of luck to him - both WDC's, as with the money thing, lets not forget that almost any F1 driver has backing, including Senna, so I'm not so biased in that regard Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

I think that if they're good, they end up on top (not saying that they are the absolute top). Look at Hill, Rosberg, Villeneuve, Verstappen, et cetera; all did or doing well and I enjoy them as drivers.
If not top driver, the best they can do is drive for some low-level team in F1 or go to another motorsport.
So, let them come and we will see what they are capable of.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

I don’t think he’ll make it, unless his links to his grandad bring with it a bucketload of sponsorship money. I think he’s another one who’ll end up in WEC. I think he was part of the Ferrari young driver program, although I think they dropped him. However, he has certainly been surpassed by a LeClerc and Giovinazzi, and in my opinion rightly so. He’s 21 and still not raced in either Formula 2 or 3, and doesn’t look like getting a drive next year in either series as most drives are pretty set now. Just can’t see it happening.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post