2018 Abu Dhabi GP

[Image: DPe8Mn6W0AUoEL_.jpg]
[Image: F1-Abu-Dhabi-2017-Race-Results.jpg?w=668&ssl=1]

[Image: image.png]

[Image: Dr43ZaIWwAIiQQb.jpg]

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I am not in general agreement with most of you (Shock) I think this will be a very good race. Nobody has anything to lose, its the last race of the season no need to save anything you can give it all and to hell if the car blows up who cares.

Looks like Hamilton will have to come through the pack as he may have to take a new PU which in of itself will be interesting.

Everyones darling Max will be full of testosterone after beating Ocon to a Pulp!!! Danny's last race for Red Bull ( I would love him to win) Kimi's last race for Ferrari, Sainz last race for Renault, Alonso's last race in F1, Gasly's last race for Toro Rosso, Leclerc last race for Sauber, Ocons last race for Force India, Strolls last race for Williams and Maybe Sirotkins too. That does not include Ericsson's and Hartley's last races in F1 !!!

Last time Red Bull will have to use that terrible Renault engine that they won absolutely nothing with this season too.

Lots of angles and aspects to the race. I think it will be interesting, but of course I am probably wrong!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(13-11-2018, 08:28 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Looks like Hamilton will have to come through the pack as he may have to take a new PU which in of itself will be interesting.

Hi Neil, I was talking to Morini, I'm kinda hoping they, as it only has to last one race, tune up Lewis's engine to chainsaw mode, wouldn't it be great to see (not the best track for it maybe) one of these engines at the maximum just to see what it can do.  Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-11-2018, 08:58 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(13-11-2018, 08:28 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Looks like Hamilton will have to come through the pack as he may have to take a new PU which in of itself will be interesting.

Hi Neil, I was talking to Morini, I'm kinda hoping they, as it only has to last one race, tune up Lewis's engine to chainsaw mode, wouldn't it be great to see (not the best track for it maybe) one of these engines at the maximum just to see what it can do.  Wink

Shades of Brazil last year. As always it will get him up the top 6 (we have seen that from Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull all year long) from there we shall see but in reality a race win is impossible without anything like this weekends incidents but it should be a good show. I will be rooting for Danny this weekend.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Abu Dhabi is usually a damp squib for the following reasons:

1) The track layout is shyte with silly turns in places where there doesn't need to be turns. It's just crap all round.

2) The season in recent years 9 times out of 10 is pretty much decided by the last race, sometimes way before.

3) It is the end of the season with gearboxes falling apart and engines held together with gaffer tape... and teams begging drivers to take it easy to bring the car home.

However, this year I sort of agree with NeilP, there are some drivers with points to prove. Lewis will probably have a new block (someone suggested an early test of Mercedes new engine for next season as it's ready) with engine turned up to ludicrous speed, for reference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0

So it could have some fireworks before the chequered flag, but we'll see soon enough.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Paps, your wish may be about to become reality.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-f...d-penalty/
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(16-11-2018, 12:00 PM)morini Wrote:  Paps, your wish may be about to become reality.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-f...d-penalty/

Hoping for > attack plan alpha, with engine on charge mode 1 lol.   Cool 

I have read that they might rehash from old parts, understandable because of the costs involved.

I know its not the best race but as its the last I'm hoping for a good one to take us through the dark winter months.  Cry

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...l-preview/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Both DRS have been extended, which should help in putting cars side by side into the chicanes, something the previous straights didn't really do.

High kerbs at the start of S3 chicane, and in the final two corners.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Robert Kubica says his FP1 outing with Williams in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix marks the start of his preparations for returning to Formula 1 racing with the team in 2019.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubic...1/4301801/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post