Once upon a time

(18-11-2017, 11:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  but then again I didn't p1ss sky off - haha

Yet! There's still hope.

But to be honest you've always used a generic account on there anyway. It's not like they can ban you as you are always an "object/colour" like all the nutters Wink I'm still plugging away on there myself using an auto generated account, posting links trying to entice the regs left on there (e.g. papa). I can still log on as myself too, but my posts are instantly deleted :-)

(18-11-2017, 11:52 PM)morini Wrote:  
(18-11-2017, 11:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  but then again I didn't p1ss sky off - haha

Yet! There's still hope.

But to be honest you've always used a generic account on there anyway. It's not like they can ban you as you are always an "object/colour" like all the nutters Wink I'm still plugging away on there myself using an auto generated account, posting links trying to entice the regs left on there (e.g. papa). I can still log on as myself too, but my posts are instantly deleted :-)

didn't know that, but that would be no surprise to you haha - yeah would love to get Papa here, was one of the first guys I chatted to, and a gentleman, I don't even mind that he's a Lewis fan, haha - actually, the strange thing I found, was despite the trolls and wallies, the best guys have actually been Lewis fans, seems to have been quiet for a while, also sandatom would be good too

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

(18-11-2017, 11:57 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  yeah would love to get Papa here, was one of the first guys I chatted to, and a gentleman

I've been keeping an eye on the sky articles (the ones open for posting), there's very little activity on there today. Not seen papa post in a while, but we need to get him on here if possible.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

While it was the Senna and Prost battles that got me well and truly hooked on F1... those McLarens were brutally dominant too. Hell, you could even look at the Lewis and Hamilton ding dong in the desert, or a few others. Some rose tinted specs methinks sometimes, although i’d Definitely be up for F1 bringing back ground effect and active suspension to mitigate the effects of wake. Give drivers control over battery deployment / more battery power and get rid of bloomin’ DRS and let them sort it out on track.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

*Lewis and Hamilton? Lewis and Nico me thinks Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(19-11-2017, 11:05 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  *Lewis and Hamilton? Lewis and Nico me thinks Wink

Yep, although sometimes he is his own worst enemy!

Big Grin

I may have been drinking way too much gin today, what with it being my birthday.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Haha, you get a pass, birthday juice and all that, again HAPPY BIRTHDAY

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(19-11-2017, 11:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 11:05 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  *Lewis and Hamilton? Lewis and Nico me thinks Wink

Yep, although sometimes he is his own worst enemy!

Big Grin

I may have been drinking way too much gin today, what with it being my birthday.

happy birthday mate, and I thoroughly enjoyed your ding dong with Chloe, great reading, I think you've met your opposite, haha - though as I caught your post on sky, about keeping files and charts, I half expected you to bring up page numbers and file references - great stuff again  Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

@Fog, I actually kept paper clippings and the FIA and McLaren statements at the time in a folder, as I was a furious McLaren fan at the time and thought it was a witch hunt. However, as it went on it became apparent that McLaren weren’t being entirely honest. Whether what they did warranted the huge fine, and expulsion from the WCC is debateable. That they were guilty simply isn’t. Having read Newey’s autobiography it’s also pretty clear that given the sort of man / control freak Ron was / is it is highly unlikely anything got past him, also, definitely grab a copy of the book yourself when you can, it’s well worth a read.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(19-11-2017, 11:38 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  @Fog, I actually kept paper clippings and the FIA and McLaren statements at the time in a folder, as I was a furious McLaren fan at the time and thought it was a witch hunt. However, as it went on it became apparent that McLaren weren’t being entirely honest. Whether what they did warranted the huge fine, and expulsion from the WCC is debateable. That they were guilty simply isn’t. Having read Newey’s autobiography it’s also pretty clear that given the sort of man / control freak Ron was / is it is highly unlikely anything got past him, also, definitely grab a copy of the book yourself when you can, it’s well worth a read.

Here's where we part ways my friend - never liked McLaren under Ron, just recently mellowing, and warming to them now, but as I said to others, not sure if you caught it, but I'm a committed - Endstone Fan Smile