Once upon a time

(19-11-2017, 11:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I may have been drinking way too much gin today, what with it being my birthday.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a day off tomorrow. I'm way too old for boozing on a school night, can't handle a hangover in work.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(19-11-2017, 11:47 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 11:38 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  @Fog, I actually kept paper clippings and the FIA and McLaren statements at the time in a folder, as I was a furious McLaren fan at the time and thought it was a witch hunt. However, as it went on it became apparent that McLaren weren’t being entirely honest. Whether what they did warranted the huge fine, and expulsion from the WCC is debateable. That they were guilty simply isn’t. Having read Newey’s autobiography it’s also pretty clear that given the sort of man / control freak Ron was / is it is highly unlikely anything got past him, also, definitely grab a copy of the book yourself when you can, it’s well worth a read.

Here's where we part ways my friend - never liked McLaren under Ron, just recently mellowing, and warming to them now, but as I said to others, not sure if you caught it, but I'm a committed - Endstone Fan Smile

I grew up with McLaren and Williams as the British teams to watch. I got really into F1 around that era when Prost and Senna were together, so yeah, I have a big soft spot for them. Whatever people might think of Ron, he got results, and is himself a very intelligent man, just a bit too much of a control freak. It’s been painful watching both Williams and Now McLaren slide.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post