Pre-season testing
Lightbulb 

First question:
Has anyone here been to pre-season testing before?

Second question:
Would anyone be interested in going next year? Could be a bit of an F1 Banter social, put some faces to names, have a few beers in the Spanish spring sunshine. Thoughts?

Flights look to be around £60-£100 return dependant on dates/airports, I'm sure there will be plenty of cheap hotels near the circuit too. Or campsites even!

I'm happy to do some more detailed research if people would be interested?

Cheers
John

(13-11-2017, 10:26 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  First question:
Has anyone here been to pre-season testing before?

Second question:
Would anyone be interested in going next year? Could be a bit of an F1 Banter social, put some faces to names, have a few beers in the Spanish spring sunshine. Thoughts?

Flights look to be around £60-£100 return dependant on dates/airports, I'm sure there will be plenty of cheap hotels near the circuit too. Or campsites even!

I'm happy to do some more detailed research if people would be interested?

Cheers
John
Hi buddy, yes I have been to a few over the years...Valencia Barca and Jerez, It is a good days viewing and can be as cheap or expensive as you make it, I think the first year I went to Valencia cost me 5 euro for general admission on the day but 2 years ago it was up to 20 euro per day general viewing but for a few euro more we got a box above the pits. I have also camped which cost very little, I think it was around the 40 euro mark per tent and on average around 50 euro pppn in b&b/small hotel. Hope this helps

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Cheers Forza, great info!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher

Yep, great info and it would be a fun thing to do for sure.

I don't think I'd get a pass off Mrs M for a lads trip next year though :-( It's a big wedding Anniversary and I owe her a visit somewhere special.