2018 Brazilian GP

So, the WDC is over and with Lewis probably doing his usual walk about trick after sealing the win and Bottas clearly mentally broken the only really important question that remains to be answered is do Mercedes have enough of an advantage over Ferrari to beat them. Still think it will take Ferrari getting two 1/2's in the remaining races and a DNF from one of the Merc's. However, it is possible.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: selected-sets-per-driver-1.jpg]

(30-10-2018, 12:16 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   Still think it will take Ferrari getting two 1/2's in the remaining races and a DNF from one of the Merc's. However, it is possible.

Possible but improbable...it would take all the stars to align for Ferrari

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I predict VB putting in two strong performances in the last two. I hope he gets a win. Lewis, on the other hand, has a track record of skiving off once title is bagged.

If I was Toto I'd give him a boot up the arse. No skiving until WCC is also beyond doubt Smile
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

From Mercedes' perspective, the concern ahead of the Brazilian GP is that they fell behind both Ferrari and Red Bull in Mexico, critically hampered by a struggle to prolong tyre life.

"The job is not done yet," warned Mercedes chief Toto Wolff. "There's a Constructors' Championship out there that we still want to win and that won't be easy."

Technical chief James Allison said Mercedes had endured "quite a whipping" in Mexico and admitted his alarm.

"We don't want to limp across the line with performances like we delivered today, we want to come back firing on all cylinders in Brazil and win it from the front in a fitting manner," he said. "So all our focus now turns to that and we're looking forward to having a stronger day on Sunday in Brazil."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

[Image: e136d360-0bbd-411c-82cb-e6d66cf8d0cc_800.jpg]
[Image: DOcwfLpXkAAtGSS.jpg]
[Image: 19188_BR-PitStopSummary-750-EN.jpg]

[Image: Brazil.FP_.circuit.jpg]

Well initially looking at the race and pitstops infographics, I was confused, 4+ stops? Then it dawned on me, was there a safety car period where they went through the pitlane.

Shame they brought the same tyres as last year, was a comfortable one stop wasn't it. WEH completed near the whole race on the softs. Brazil has the capacity to be a great show, I guess we are going to have to rely on some Sunday rain, or a dramatic temperature shift.

With the tyres the same as japan, and being much harder than the past few races. I'd say the favourite tag swings firmly back to Mercedes. We could see a jittery Friday for all teams, as they search for the setup to give them the positive front and stable traction, needed to maximise sector 2 and getting optimum speed onto the full throttle sections.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...preview-2/

Toro Rosso will return to Honda’s upgraded Formula 1 engine for the Brazilian Grand Prix as the high-altitude challenge of Interlagos is not as extreme as in Mexico City...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda...p/3209666/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

The 2nd DRS zone will be lengthened at Interlagos. The activation line has been moved earlier by 100m, now much closer to T14 than T15.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

[Image: DrkVzqaXQAAOY1g.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Great to see the top 3 within a tenth, more bad luck for Daniel, Lando seems to be getting his eye in, already looking forward to having 3 Brits on the grid next year.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Seb team radio https://youtu.be/YKLmOPZ9fCs Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post